Is this a good receiver/speaker combo?

DaveC
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I have an HK AVR130, from which I'm running a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 7.2's. I'm now in the market for a fairly small, inexpensive 5.1 setup. I've come across a Mordaunt Short kit for an *extremely* reasonable price (well under $500) but I'm wondering if they're a good match for the AVR130. The speakers are rated at 4 ohms from the manufacturer, although "nominal" impedence is said to be 4 to 8 ohms. The Mordaunt Shorts are also rated at 86dB sensitivity, so I assume they'll need plenty of power to drive them properly. I realize all HK receivers/amps are underrated in terms of their wattage, but at 45 wpc into 8 ohms will my receiver be able to drive these speakers?

I don't play music or movies overly loud, so I guess I'm just concerned that my receiver will have trouble driving 4 ohm speakers during dynamic peaks. Anyone have this setup, or any HK receiver with 4 ohm speakers?

Thanks,
Dave

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 221
yes they would be able to drive the Mordaunt short without any problems. I just haven't heard that combination. Go get it and let us know how it sounds;-)
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us