Need help! w/ RCA RT2380

Unregistered guest
I installed a RCA RT2380 dolby digital audio video reciever about 5 months ago and until now it has worked perfectly. But, now suddenly, only the two front speakers are working. I feel like some setting has been changed and but I cannot find out how to change it back. I have tried to reset to the factory settings by following the instructions in the manual, but that does not work. Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong. I am a novice at this kind of thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 14
Have you tried setting the unit with one of the other sound modes such as Disco, stadium, theater or jazz club, etc? Do all the speakers work in one of these modes?

If not, on page 20-21 of your manual there is a description of how to set and test each of the speakers. This will tell you if they are all connected and working or turned on. If not check wiring, they could have come loose causing the amp to shut off the surround channels.

good luck

Unregistered guest
Thanks for your reply Phil...you are a peach!

I have tried adjusting the settings for each speaker as discribed on page 20 and 21, but the only speakers that show up are the front ones. I have not tried changing to the other modes...I will see what happens then. All wiring appears to be intact. I think I will disconnect and reconnect just to see...

Thanks a bunch for your help.
Cyndi

Bronze Member

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 17
Quick question, when you select <setup> on the remote and then pressing the <left> or <right> buttons does it scroll through the center and surround on/off options? (Page 21)

Cyndi
Unregistered guest
I am not at home now to try that...but I have done set up and I don't recall seeing the surrond on/off option. All i can do is set the distance for the front speakers. There were no questions with a yes or no answer. I will try again when I get home.

Thanks again.

Anonymous

HELP My husband changed the factory settings for the picture on the bottom of the tv and now nothing works!!! I have a 53 inch projection tv and I have tried everything I know to get the picture and color back to what they were.
Please Help!!

Bronze Member

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 61
There is usually a FACTORY DEFAULTS selection somewhere in your Menus. You may have to hunt through them (menus), typically the last place you look.

You'll need to post a little supporting info for more help. Like model number/ manufacturer/ etc. Someone with a similar system may have an idea.

Username: Greyfalcon

Post Number: 1
It seems like I am having the same problem as cyndi with the rca rt2380, after a couple of months only the two front speakers are working, and I dont think that its the connections, any sugestions? thank you!

Unregistered guest
I bought mine about 6 six months ago and it won't turn on anymore. You plug it in and the the on/standby button light comes on, but once you press it turns off. Any ideas?

dougw
Unregistered guest
Matt, I have the same problem and it at the shop for the 3rd time now. If you are under warranty and have receipt (or can otherwise prove you are under warranty) take it to an RCA authorized repair shop. They say the problem is the display driver IC.

Dr RJP
Unregistered guest
Don't rule out the remote control. I also have a 2380BK and I determined that the remote was faulty by taking it to a Wal-Mart and trying it with their display unit.

My remote will not access SETUP. When I press it, the SLEEP function appears.

mdean
Unregistered guest
Dougw
I am also having the same problems you and Matt are having. You said you have had your system in the shop 3 times, what are they saying or doing about it?

JBGregg
Unregistered guest
Mine was working fine until two days ago. Now the display "locks up" and no button-pushing on either the remote or the front panel has any effect. Unplugging the power cord gets it working - but only for awhile and it locks up again after several hours.

TimS
Unregistered guest
Two days ago my RCA 2380 started having the same problems with the display not working and not being able to turn it off or use any buttons.

Sounds like an epidemic.

How much has it cost you guys to fix it?

Thanks,
Tim

john73837
Unregistered guest
mine does about the same thing, it powers on but no display. nothing works. I can't find my receipt for it and don't think they will fix it. do you know the display ic number? I could goto radio shack and change it myself with the number.

Ralphael
Unregistered guest
Well, I will be on my third unit depending on whether I feel like trading this unit for another one; I bought the extended warranty that allows over the counter trade in.

The first one worked for about a month using only the standard RCA jacks, however last week I decided to try out the optical DTS sound. The unit worked fine for about 3 days then went into a lock up mode after powering up with no sound.

Took the unit back today and got another one. Unit played fine for a few hours until I decided to turn it off for the night. less then a half hour later the unit would not power up. After unplugging and replugging the unit, the standby light would come on but turns off when the power switch is pressed.

I might try another unit tomorrow but I believe it is a problem with the optical DTS.

Don't buy this unit even with an extended Warranty; it is not worth the hassels.

ryyyyyyyyyyyan
Unregistered guest
Who can help me?

I purchased this home theater 14 months ago...now everything is plugged as usual, but when i press the on button, nothing appear on the digital screen display??? in other words i cannot make it work at all... and i know some how it`son because the red light indicator on the on/off button is off...so i try to put the systems off again let say...and i cannot close the systems, its on but i dont see anything??? and the only way to close it, it`s to unplugged it from the electricity plug, and replugged after 1 minute... and i re-do the wholw process but it still does not work, do somebody knows what possibly could be the problem?

thanks in advance

Username: Bradsk88

Post Number: 3
Dr RJP:

When you press setup "SLEEP" appears, but try pressing the left and right arrow keys, this will cycle through the setup options (the first being sleep) and you can adjust each option with the up and down key. It sounds to me like you've either shut off SURROUND, or you are not using pro logic. Which can be changed with the surround button either on the unit or on the remote.

Username: Bradsk88

Post Number: 4
Just noticed how old this thread is.

Oh well, guess it'll be a FYI for future reference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us