Yamaha home theater

Rob Ewasko
A few months back I purchased a yamaha home theater in a box, which included the HTR-5540 receiver. The speakers do put out nice sound.The problem is that the subwoofer does not provide enough bass.. is it the receiver or is it just a cheap subwoofer and speaker package that was included with this system. I'm debatating upgrading to a whole new speaker system or can I get away with upgrading the sub..

Thanks

Rob Ewasko
copy and paste this link to see the exact system I am needing help with..
http://www.yamaha.ca/show_model.asp?modelId=832&modelCode=YHTB10

Anonymous
If you're not happy with the sound, I'd get floor standing speakers and a bigger sub if I was you.

Anonymous
Rob,

I don't have the same home theater as you, but I have a general comment. Certainly, buying a new more powerful sub will probably give you the impact you want, but first before spending your money on a new sub, try playing around with all your settings on the receiver.

Try different crossover settings and increase the subwoofer output level on the receiver. Also, try increasing the bass level on the receiver. Adjusting these things might make the sub sound more balanced with the other speakers.

Anonymous
Also, try to position your sub in different locations in the room. Positioning it in a corner or close to a wall will help the bass project.

Rob Ewasko
when setting up my sub I took the easy route and just conected to the line output terminal of the amp... If I hook speaker wire from my sub to my amp would that add anything to the sound quality..

thank you

Anonymous
I would imagine that a line output would provide a cleaner signal to the sub. By going through a speaker level input, it wouldn't add more power to the sub. If your sub has the option of either speaker level or line input, it wouldn't hurt to experiment to see if you notice a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us