Speakers for Denon 3805

Username: Magus

Post Number: 1
Hey, I recently bought a Denon 3805 receiver and was wondering what bookshelf speakers would work best with this receiver. Thanks alot.

Post Number: 2
I am willing to pay up to 3000 dollars for the speakers. Thanks alot.

Post Number: 4
Changed my mind I don't need bookshelf speakers, just the best speakers that I can get for 3000

Unregistered guest
check out the Axiom speakers at www.axiomaudio.com. from what I hear, these speakers are great and I'm about to buy some and maybe even that same Denon receiver. How do you like it?

Bronze Member
Username: Sailsonly

Post Number: 13
Nice budget, speakers are one of those items that people become VERY opinionated over, I'm old school when it comes to Audio, I've got Mac amp and pre-amp running in to nice old Klipchorn speakers. Take a look at Klipch.

Unregistered guest
If you guys are interested in something a little different, try the Audica range of speakers www.audica.co.uk I've just listened to the AVR3805 with the Audica's and also Kef 5005's - the Audica's were fantastic! Don't let the price fool you either. They are new over here in the UK so I'm not sure if you can get them in the USA yet.

Unregistered guest
I replaced my Denon 2801 with a new Denon 3805 yesterday. I want to add Rear speakers to my 5.1 set up to 7.1
Anyone with a 3805, page 15 (Instructions)
Do I use the "Surround Back/Multi Zone Speaker Systems" or the "Surround Speaker Systems (B)"?
Can't they just put (Rear Side and Rear Back)???

Unregistered guest
I have just purchased a Sony KV-30HS420. I am looking for information on connecting it to a Motorola DCT 224/1661 CATV Converter, a Replay TV, and a Toshiba SD-3960 DVD player. I am hoping to be able to do this set up so that I can watch live TV while the Replay TV is recording on a different station. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Also Should I use all monster cables? Component for video and audio? Will the signal coming out of the Replay TV look good on the Sony and will the Sony be compatible with the Toshiba DVD player? Thanks!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 42
There is a simple answer to your question. Disregard all of the recommendations and go listen to some speakers. If you are going to spend $3000, it would be insane to purchase speakers based on someone's recommendation and without an audition. Take familiar music/movie with you. You see, I personally prefer accurate speakers,i.e, I know what a live trumpet looks like and I want a speaker that reproduces that sound as opposed to one that would make the instrument sound like a tin can. But some people prefer the tin can sound. You just have to listen and be aware of your preferences and biases.

Username: 3805lonnie

Use the Surround back speaker "B" for your additional speaker hook-up.
I too have this same receiver

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 269
Im 100% with Dale.....

Dont buy anything you cannot listen too first. Let your ears be the judge and buy whatever sounds best 'to you'. Just because a speaker is highly regarded and gets decent reviews, doesnt mean it will sound worth a damn based on your personal preferences.

Go see them in person!! Let your ears decide, not brochures.

Username: Shel50

any opinions on the music/stereo side of the denon 3805-I know it's great HT-but how is the 2 channel mode for music?

Username: Tmoore

TRY PARADIGM WITH THE DENON 3805 THATS WHAT I BOUGHT AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.

Username: Tmoore

the 3805 has pure direct which turns everything off and the cicuitry concentrates ao the front two channels .if your speakers are phase in right you will get sound the way it should be heard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us