Advice?

Username: Stever

Post Number: 1
Howdy,

I am new here, been researching for a couple of days prior to posing these questions. Many thanks to regular posters, I have learned quite a bit from your generousity.

I am considering adding two pieces to my modest Audio/HT setup. Primary usage is Audio with occasional movies. The room is 12 x 16 feet with 9 ft ceiling, hardwood floors.

I currently have:
Technics GA330 Pro Logic Reciever
2 Paradigm Titans in the front
2 Paradigm Atoms in the Rear
1 Paradigm SB 100 passive sub

I am considering:
1) adding the Paradigm CC-170 Center Channel
.... this is what Paradigm recommends on their site.
2) Purchasing the Denon 1404 5.1 reciever
.... demo model under $300 cdn, full guarantee

I am under the impression that matching the tonal quality of my Titans is important and I like the idea of a 'matched set' from the same manufacturer.
I understand that Denon makes quality gear and is renowned for great clean sound. I would like to know if my choices above seem well guided. Is the Denon reciever is a good value and suited to the existing set up? I can't find many reviews of the 1404 so wonder if it was perhaps an underpowered dog?
I don't see needing any more speakers in my family room so I think a 5.1 will last for quite a while. This 1404 has an A/B speaker feature that seems absent in most newer models I have seen. I have two remote speakers in another room that I frequently use, so this seems a good feature.

Thanks much for any advice,

Steve
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us