Resolution DVI vs: component

Username: Pbar

Post Number: 1
Hooking up a pioneer Elite plasma with the media box and dish network hd box. Problem is sat box has component output and DVI but elite media box only has component input and pioneer says you have to use the media box I am feeling I am compromising the resolution because of the component cables HELP

Username: Jermdog

Post Number: 3
You are not compromising the resolution, by much, if at all. The difference would probably not be noticable to the naked eye, unless you were sitting very close to your TV (and I mean very close). The only difference between DVI and component, is that the DVI signal remains in the digital domian, and the TV converts it back to analog. The usual saying is that the less conversions a signal goes through, the better. However, since you are using the Elite equipment, I doubt you would notice any difference. If you are that concerned with using the DVI output, there are conversion cables that go from DVI to component. But, you'll basically be doing the same thing by just using the component connection.

One more thing you might want to consider... Some DVI outputs have copywright encryption, while component usually doesn't. I have heard of some sats donconverting hi-def material (to 480p) in some rare cases. I hope this helps you reach a decision.

Username: Pbar

Post Number: 5
Jeremy'
Thanks for the opinion here. I do concur , I do concur .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us