Did I connect my TV to H/K correctly?

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 87
I have normal Cable (not digital). I connected my TV (audio out) to video 2 (audio in) on my H/K 330 receiver with an RCA cable. I sometimes hear all 5 speakers but last night during sunday night football everything was coming out of the center while in Logic 7 mode.

I am assuming that this is because not all programs are encoded with surround sound so mono programs will just come through my center.

Is my TV hooked up properly to my receiver?

Username: Jermdog

Post Number: 8
Assuming you connected your RCA connections (Stereo - Red and White) from you TV audio output to your receiver's audio input, then your assumption would be correct. However, since you stated you watched sunday night football - was this on ESPN? ESPN usually broadcasts their sunday night football in HDTV and surround. You could have a bad cable, or possibly a bad cable box. Before assuming either of those, I would tend to think that it was most likely the feed to the cable company, or feed from the cable company causing this.

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 75
Sink;

it appears from your description that it is hooked up (i.e., audio outs from your receiver to the in's on the hk. Go into the HK OSD setup and change it's current mode it will use to default the surround mode, it is probably set on mono.

As for espn/HD/DD, that will only work if you have digital cable (with an optical out) or sattelite with an optical out to the hk. Regular cable (channels below 99, obtained without a digital box) are stereo only. The best you can do with this is dolby prologicII or DTS neo6.

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 94
Thanks for the help everyone. After messing with it for awhile I discovered that I had my TV audio settings set for "mono." Once I switched it to stereo everything was great!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us