Will This Work?

Username: Aus_rider_22

Post Number: 8
Ok, guys I have a setup and was wondering if I need anything else. I am pretty sure I have covered it all. But let me know if I need anything else!

DESIRED OUTCOME: Experience Surround Sound through system when playing games/watching movies through Xbox.

CURRENT APPLIANCES:
* 51cm Flat screen TV

* Xbox

* A/V Gaming Upgrade Cable(http://www.upgrade123.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=78)

* Fibre Optical Cable (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=1458&)

* Solomon Surround Sound Home Theatre System
( 5 speakers, sub, control unit.)

QUESTION 1: Do I just connect Gaming Upgrade A/V into Xbox, then the other end into TV holes. Then have optical fibre running from Upgrade A/V into back of sub?
Also, does my TV have to be a special one to plug the Upgrade A/V cable into it?

QUESTION 2: Can I experience surround sound through theatre system when just watching normal TV?

Sorry for long question. Just trying to give you guys as much to work with as possible and so you don't have to keep asking questions.

Thanks for your time! :-)

Username: Aus_rider_22

Post Number: 9
Still no responses?

Well I have found that my sub doesn't have a port for the optical fibre cable!

What do i do???

Help!

Bronze Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 23
You dont plug the fiber optic into the back of the sub, you just use a standard rca cable. You have to plug the rca from the bgack of the sub into the subwoofer pre out on the back of your reciver.

Plug the fiber optic cable from the output of the x box, into the fiber optic input of the reciever. on the x box you'll probably have to select a setting in the menue to change it to surround (i dont know because i dont have an x box).

To hear t.v. through reciever, you will only get Pro Logic, connect a rca cable into the out put of your t.v. and into one of the inputs on your reciever. You can only get surround from your t.v. if you watch a Hi-Def channel. If want to hear surround while watching Hi-Def then connect 1.Fiber Optict cable, 2.or a coaxial cable from the output of your t.v. into one of the optical, or coaxial inputs on your reciever.

Can you email me a picture of this gaming upgrade cable? I tried the link but no pictures came up so i have no idea what this thing is. please right if you have more problems or questions. Hope this helped.

Bronze Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 24
Email is 04EXCURSION@verizon.net
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us