What kind of subwoofer cable do i need?

Username: Johntchow

Post Number: 3
ok ive setup my home theater system pretty easily... i have a pioneer receiver and to it i have my xbox and ps2 connected to it using component cables and digital optical.

but i am having a problem connecting the subwoofer. i bought the jbl scs160si and have connected all my speakers except the subwoofer. i have 2 remaining speaker wires but they dont fit into my receiver's subwoofer input. the receiver is setup for like a plug input and i just have speaker wire. i dont know what i am suppose to do? please help!

thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2040
Have you read the manual for this system?

Do you have a subwoofer output or LFE output in the back of your receiver? The one RCA jack that is in the back of your subwoofer that say LFE or SUB IN should be connected to your receiver.

Don't connect any speaker output to any of the RCA jacks in the back of subwoofer.

Again you should read the manual.

Post Number: 4
well i have a pioneer receiver and my speakers are jbl. both manuals are kind of light.

the receiver manual only shows diagrams and info for a subwooofer with rca connections.

my speaker system did not come with an rca connection, only speaker wires. the jbl manual talks bout line level, non line livel, and digital connections.

my guess was that i need to buy a subwoofer rca connection to my receiver from my sub. my sub does have a LFE input and my receiver does have a subwoofer rca output.

i was just thrown off because i wouldve thought that all the connections neccesary would have come with the speakers. since i was left with 2 pairs of speaker wire and no rca connection.

also, do you recommened connecting the front speakers to the sub or having them directly connected to the receiver?

thanks for your input

Gold Member

Post Number: 2045
Don't connect the front speakers to the sub, go directly from the receiver.

Yes, you need to get an RCA connector for your subwoofer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2050
Did you get it to work?

Post Number: 5
yeah man. thanks for your help. i went out to circuit city this morning and bought the monster thx subwoofer connector. just connected as you said and it sounds great. ive only tested it on my xbox though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us