Need advice for projector

Username: Jimbo63

Kingston, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Just got hitachi cps 318wt lcd projector. I cannot seem to get monitor out from my sony 7.1 home theatre rcvr, I have video out to my TV and there is also s-video out (which I did not try as I do not have s-vid cable. and component video monitor out, which I did try and it does not send a sig to my projector. Video out works if I unplug from tv and into projector, but I was wondering if I could get two monitor outs. One to the tv and one to the projector.. Thanks Jim

Kunaki Ju Sukuyo
Unregistered guest
Buy yourself an S-Vid cable. Its the best option available and you'll get a better picture over the composite video cable. The component out isn't working because you havn't connected a comp' in to the rcvr. If you can't connect via component to the DVD player.. go with the S-Vid cable... honestly.. its the best way.

Some one back me up here please..!

Username: Jimbo63

Kingston, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Kunaki: Tks for suggestion, You are right about component video.. If I don't have a component video running in, I can't monitor out with component video... Unfortunately, that works with S-Vid as well.. What I did do however, Is in the Video One slot, It has a video in and a video out.. The video out works perfectly as a 2nd monitor.. So I am able to watch a movie or a hockey game (although not this year yet) either on my tv or through my projector without changing cables or using a switch or splitter.. I would much rather be able to run component video or even better digital coax, I will just purchase monster cables and run everything through rc jacks. Thanks again for your suggestion....
Jim
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us