New system and wiring/hookup help

SWF
Unregistered guest
I building me first home theater system and competely new to this area and now running into some problems, Probely get some laughts out of peeps reading this but hey guess I chaulk it up to a learning experience.
I currently have a Yamaha HTR5790 receiver, I went with Polkaudio for me speakers. I have CS2 for my center , Monitor 50 for me fronts, Monitor 40's for my rears and a PSW12 for the sub. Now here comes the issue not knowing what wiring I needed and not knowing anyone around that could help me i just went out and bought Monster HTIB SV-Kit speaker and sub connection kit, figuring this should be enough to get me started . When wiring it everthing seemed to be going good till i got to the sub and now kinda lost. The sub has Line In L,R a LFE in and then speaker lvl inputs and ouputs, this is where i am stumped will this wiring combo i bought work ? From what i am reading do i need to get a RCA cable to hook up my sub?. Should i scrap and take a loss on the wiring kit and get some better wires ? I havent turned anything on yet figuring i should get some help before i do anything more foolish.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2024
Have you read the manual regarding the subwoofer?

I suggest you do some reading to familiarize yourself on how to connect the HT system together. This manual will also inform you on different options on setting up the speakers and subwoofer.

Anyway, you have different options on connecting the sub. The best one is to use the RCA cable (just one), look at the back of your receiver and look for one RCA output labeled, either LFE or SUB OUT, this connects to your Subwoofer that is also labeled LFE. That is the simplest and most effecient connection. You can use one option and not all.

Username: Joe_goose

Post Number: 1
Can anyone explain to me what the performance difference is if I connect the video line directly to the digital TV vs. running the video feed through the surround receiver to the TV?
Thanks, Joe

SWF
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the help Berny, read the sub manuel more carefully and went and got some new wiring and a RCA cable, hooked it all up and watched my first home surround sound movie. I know i dont have the best system out there but when i watched the opening explosion in Swordfish my jaw hit the floor WoW!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us