Bose system sound problems

Username: Wireman74

Post Number: 1
I have a Bose home theater system that the sound shuts off. If I turn it off and back on its ok. Sometimes it dosn't go off and sometimes it goes off all the time.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1983
Check the speaker wires and make sure that no bare wires are touching each other.

Joward
Unregistered guest
For the best sound possible with a BOSE system, try unplugging the unit and leaving it that way. Just kidding, nothing sounds better than a paper and foam "Bass Module", especially when compared to the microwave ovens on the left and the dishwashers on the right. Perhaps the springs have broken in the wire connects in the back of the cubes, in this case, go down to the bank and steal a spring loaded pen. The spring in the pen will meet or exceed BOSE standards, but bear in mind that the new spring will not be patented.

T Woods
Unregistered guest
I have a Bose Lifestyle 28 Theatre System that the sound will shut off intermittently as you describe, among other strange and irritating but rare problems with the system. Playing MP3 CDs seem to bring about the problems more frequently, although I have also experienced the problems listening to the radio or TV. Disconnecting and reconnecting the media center's power clears up the problems temporarily but they eventually reoccur. I feel like my Bose Lifestyle and Microsoft Windows have some issues in common, if you know what I mean. Bose has replaced the media center and cables for me, but the replacement unit does the same thing. I have been disappointed with the Lifestlye 28 after enjoying a flawless Lifestyle 25 CD-only system for many years. Bose support is very friendly and the sound quality is very good but they simply can't fix what appears to be intrinsic flaws in the Lifestyle's operating system.

T.Woods
Salem, Virginia

T Woods
Unregistered guest
I received a software update for both the media center and bass module from Bose since my January post. The good news is that the system has worked without flaws for two weeks. Sounds better too now that the AdaptIQ configuration process worked properly for the first time. I am surprised Bose did not start with software updates; it should be available for download online.

T. Woods
Salem, Virginia

Unregistered guest
How Can I get the software upgrade? My sound on optical cuts out for a second every few minutes?

Please email Suggestions.

Unregistered guest
We are not able to turn the volumn up or down on our Bose system. The remote for the Bose, TV or cable works. Please advise.

Unregistered guest
I have a Bose Lifestyle 35 that have no sound at all. I have tried unplugging the Subwoofer and the Media Center to no avail. What do you think the problem could be. Would it be in the Power driven Subwoofer or the Media Center? Please help.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 198
Since the only experience(thank god) with bose is the negativity on this web site. All I can offer you people is solace.

jayb
Unregistered guest
So the other day I walk into my local audiophile store and started talking to the owner. We were talking quietly when there was a loud commotion comming from one of the display rooms! Just as we were about to check out what was going on, this guy storms out of the room swearing under his breath and left the store immediately. After inquiring what the incident was all about, i discovered is was an arguement about BOSE (whom I hate) Apparently the customer owned BOSE and when he told the sales guy that he began to laugh (as most people should) this apparently started a heated argument, resulting in the incident formentioned. I've come to one simple conclusion with BOSE. As an owner of there product you better expect lack of respect for your purchase no matter where you go, not to metion lack of quality sound no matter where you put it. (I recommend the garbage, after all that's where you put your money when you buy something with a 300% mark up!)

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 216
good comment jb, but you should register my man.

jayb
Unregistered guest
I'm a member of so many audiophile forums, I can't reply to them all. But Ill check in from time to time here to answer any questiones anyone might have. No more BOSE please!

gengreeth
Unregistered guest
Get a life people. You whinge on and on about Bose and how bad it is. Dont like it. Fine. You add no constructive answers so leave these forums alone. Unless of course you bag it because you can't afford it. now let see how defensive you get......

Unregistered guest
Anybody know what fails when the display goes blank on a Bose Lifestyle 5 ? Bose wants $200 to fix, I think it's a 10 cent capacitor in the power supply but which one. Also I can't find a schematic for this unit. Any advice would help.
Thanks George
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us