HTS 650 Receiver gets very very warm...NORMAL???

Alan
I noticed that my HTS 650's receiver felt almost hot on top after I left it on for couple hours after watching tv and movie...is that normal?

Thanks,

Alan.

Anonymous
Alan,

I had a very similar problem. First time I set it up it got way too hot and shut itself down, and I couldn't turn it back on. Had to take it in to a local Onkyo service center ... took nearly 4 weeks to order parts and complete the repair.

Hooked it up again, center channel was way too quiet (even after adjusting channel volumes), and the Pro Logic II format was half as quiet as all other modes. After running PLII for maybe a short time at a nearly inaudible level, my receiver shut itself down. I waited 30 minutes and turned it back on, but a short time later it shut down again. Walked over to it and it was extremely hot and smelled of burnt circuitry ... won't turn back on again.

I'm returning it to Circuit City tonight.

Anonymous
Alan,

I got a replacement from Circuit City and the new one works and sounds great .... receiver doesn't get warm at all even with high volume output in ProLogicII mode. If you're still having the problem, take it back and get it replaced.

Alan
Ok, thanks for your input
I will try replace it.

Anonymous
Get the Kenwood HTB-505 for trouble free operation.

Anonymous
Yeah. Kenwood makes perfect products. Not a lemon in the bunch. Actually, Kenwoods are manufactured by God, so you can't go wrong. Kenwood never puts out a defective product. You'll die before it does. Trust me. I never lie.

Anonymous
Heat problem? Replace all the wires and cables with the Gold Series from Radio Shack (14 gauge on the wire) and the heat problem will disappear.

Anonymous
Kenwood never makes a lemon. They are the most reliable manufacturer in the world. This is what long term experience in making systems is all about.

Anonymous
ROFL! I have the 650 - it gets as warm as my old stereo receiver and no warmer. But, I replaced all the cables with 16 ga. About Kenwood - those of you who are looking, listen to the Onkyo and the kenwood before buying. Then decide. I preferred the Onkyo - by a long shot. I listened to Kenwood and decided that real home theater was out of my price range - I'd rather have nothing than get one of the Kenwoods. They are toys to make money off of people who don't know any better. Thank heavens I found the Onkyo. Real home theater - great base, good, rich midrange with clear highs. And you can feel the subwoofer through the couch. This is a $1,000 system for $499.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us