Better wires, better sound?

Unregistered guest
Help, I currently use a Sony DAV-C450 and I just use the regular speaker wire that came out of the box. I
am wondering if upgrading it will really improve the sound.
I also need some advice if the: Monster HTIB CV Component Audio/Video Kit is any good, cause I could use basically all that comes with it.

Bronze Member
Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 12
For that system, I wouldn't waste the money on the wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1948
uh-oh, hot topic...
anyway, check out the cable connections from Acoustic Research, good quality construction and reasonable priced.
For speaker wires, just get yourself a 14 gauge wire.

BenKentari
Unregistered guest
So would the sound improve with better wires, even if this isnt the best system. And is that monster set (Monster HTIB CV Component Audio/Video Kit) worth it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1960
The Monster set is not worth it.
Try out better cables andsee for yourself. if you don't heat a difference or improvement, return them.

BenKentari
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the help. Just one last question. What guage would you recomend for that system.(if you even know it)And im still feeling that monster set..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1974
it is always good to use at least 14 gauge wire for speakers. if you are feeling the Monster set just get them, what is stopping you:-)

BenKentari
Unregistered guest
lol nothing stopping me I guess. But the price of the monster doesnt matter. Will the quality of sound be better with it? And by some chance do you know the guage of that set? Thanks. So much for last question. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1993
You will be the ultimate judge of any sound improvement. Some people experience it and some don't.

BenKentari
Unregistered guest
Lol... Too bad I cant refund it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1996
If you like them, who cares?! Right? That's what i tell people, so you're doing good as long as YOU like it!

BenKentari
Unregistered guest
but i dont know if i like it cause i havent heard it yet...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us