Question regarding wiring for HK AVR525

Username: Dougg

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 5
Probably a dumb question but would really appreciate some help. My DVD player and the HK both have Component Video (DVD out only, HK in/out). Problem is my older Sony tv only has S-Video. So, can I run the higher quality component cables from the DVD to the reveiver then run the S-video from the reveiver to the TV? Or, if I run component video cables into the receiver, will the output automatically go the the component video output, which I have no use for?

Thanks for the help.
Doug

Bronze Member
Username: Postalj

Post Number: 11
try it and find out. i'm pretty sure that there would be no problem, as the signal is sent to all of the outputs. You can't go wrong buying the cables from walmart and trying it out for yourself. when you figure it out, just return the cables you don't need, or all and get the ones you do need but better quality. anyways, you will learn a lot more about your system by experimenting. this kinda experimenting won't break anything, so go nuts.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 937
Just run all s-video. Since your tv only has an s-video input there is no way to upgrade the signal anyway. A s-video picture on a direct view tv is very good so just buy a couple good quality s-video cables[ I like Phoenix Gold 500's from Crutchfield] and you'll be fine. It makes no sense to waste time and effort for no gain.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us