Choosing 7.1 receiver

Username: Fotek

Post Number: 1
Hi. I'm buying my first receiver. No speakers yet but i'm planning to buy Audes Blues or something similar to front.
Whitch one of those would you recommend?
Besides movies, I'm interested in very good stereo performance also.
Which receiver is most musical and which is least?

Onkyo TX-SR602E
$389-$499
http://www.onkyo.net/uk/cms/products/home/av_rec/TX-SR602E/

Marantz SR4500
http://www.marantz.com/new/index.cfm?fuseaction=Products.Product&cont=eu&bus=hf& prod_id=3201&series=comp&type=avr

Denon AVR-1905
$344-$499
http://www.denon.de/site/frames_main.php?main=prod&ver=&MID=3&sub=1&action=detai l&Pid=147

Yamaha RX-V650
$334-$347
http://www.yamaha-online.de/products.php?lang=e&idcat1=1&idcat2=2&idcat3=2&idpro d=1103&archivset=&newsset=

any other recommendations are welcome also!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1829
Marantz SR4500, great performer and nicely musical.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 877
Check out the Marantz 5400 at hifi.com at $449.

Unregistered guest
I'm in the exact same situation and price range for a receiver. I'm hoping to find something on black fri.
I'm leaning towards the Denon AVR-1905.

Post Number: 2
I bought Denon 1905, works nicely.

only problem it that the remote may not work with all your other equipment - it's not a learning type.

dingo
Unregistered guest
recieved onkyo sr702, very nice, using with JBL northridge 7.1, thx is unbelievable.

Username: Bryanh

Fresno, CA

Post Number: 9
I'm a bit lost too. Trying to decide between the Denon 2105, Marantz 4500, and Harman/Kardon 335.

There are so many options out there and so many features that each unit touts, it's overwhelming!

I plan to use my receiver for DVD, DVD-Audio, and CDs about equally.

Username: Bryanh

Fresno, CA

Post Number: 10
Whoops, hit the button too soon.

It may come down to a battle of features for me if the sound quality of these three are on even footing, I suppose. For example the Denon has a memory system that remembers the mode for each input. I think that would be helpful. The HK has individual crossovers for the front 3 speakers which I would imagine is an aid in tuning the sound correctly. The Marantz doesn't seem to have either of these (and no crossover adjustment at all that I could find) but a reputation for being musical.

Argh! I want it all but I can't have it...

Post Number: 3
the Denon also automatically detects incoming signal type.
for example i have DVD player connected via coaxial and it automatically switches between stereo and dolby digital, if i take out a CD and insert a DVD

Username: Sunseaker

Post Number: 4
asd asd, I am considering the Onkyo 602 and Yamaha 650. Any reason why you dodn't go for either of these and chose the Denon?

zero1
Unregistered guest
I bought MARANTZ 4500 a few days ago.
It's very nice receiver, good looking and very impressive sound both from cd music and HT DVD.

Nonthaburi
THAILAND

adam1111
Unregistered guest
I need help with choosing a receiver, 75% home theater and 25% music, I was looking at the Yamaha v550 or the 5760. I was also looking at Klipsch synergy speakers. Is this a good match or is there a better receiver for Klipsch speakers or better speakers for under $1000?

Username: Yamahapaiste

Niskayuna, Ny Usa

Post Number: 2
the question is how much do you want to spend? I am looking at the cost benefit ratio myslef, and at the price points that the other responders have mentioned I would reccomend the Yamaha RX-V 750.

Crunchy
Unregistered guest
I bought a Sony STR-DB790. Nice reciever. About AU$800 worth. Dunno where you are, but in England or US probably a lot less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us