Aperion Intimus vs. Ascend CB170s vs. Axiom M3

Username: Hewbie

Post Number: 3
I have narrowed my speaker choices down to the aforementioned 3. I've read individual reviews about all three. From what I gathered the aperions are beautiful to behold and are great speakers but a little bright. The ascends are rather homely but very clear and laid back. The axioms are good looking and also transparent. I have not read a review or heard anything about how they stack up against one another. I plan to pair the speaker choice with a marantz 5400/6400. Any thoughts?

Username: Shaolin95

Post Number: 5
I am in the same boat but I am almost ready to get the Home Theater Direct Level 3 towers. They also have level 3 bookshelves and the more impressive level 4. Check their website:
hwww.HTD.com
From the ones you mentioned I like the CBM-170 for music. The axiom that I will recommend is the M22ti rather than the M3ti.
Here is a link to a shootout that includes the Ascend and the Axiom among others. Keep in mind that the HTD level 3 speaker included is the bookshelf not the tower that I am suggesting and besides that the whole Level 3 was redesigned and improved in late 2002 (the review was made in 2001) according to the HTD people. Hope this helps..
http://cheaphometheater.com/Speaker%20Shootout.htm

regards
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us