Onkyo HTS 650

Eric OBrien
Is the Onkyo HTS 650 system really as good
for the money as everyone says? Hard to believe
this system is half the price of a Bose system!

Chris Alderman
YES!!! I own this system and can't believe that it sounds as good as it does for under $500.00 Since I was a kid I've always known that Bose is just a money-hungary marketing company that produces inferior products compared to less expensive products that are focused on the "guts" and not the "looks" of their products. This system is a great starter system and can easily be upgraded (ie: speakers, cables, etc.) and provides a great taste of what HT can truly be.

Anonymous
I bought it after comparing several HTIBs. The 650 was heads and shoulders above the kenwood/yamaha/sony/bose HTIBs. The others sounded weak in the base and/or tinny. There is a new pioneer out whose specs are really good, but I don't know the price and I haven't listened to it. Bottom line, the 650 was the BEST system among Sony, Yamaha, Kenwood, RCA and Bose at $500 - 900 that I listened to in August. You really need to listen for yourself. Those of us praising the 650 have probably bought it, so it DID sound the best - to us. If you can go $1000, I would look into separates. I'm sure you can get better sound at twice the price. Is the sound twice as good as the Onkyo? Only you can answer that one.

Anonymous
I bought it from authorized dealer BestpriceAudiovideo.com
The seller is wonderful -- I will buy again --
it is for 470$ no shipping no taxes -- the best deal with best service

Anonymous
The Onkyo HTS 650 puts a $2900.00 Bose to shame.

Anonymous
After much study on the internet I went ahead and bought the HTS 650 at the local circuit city . Price? $449 for a brand new closed box unit , not a rebuild . Why did I get it for that price ? Because I knew I could buy it from a current CNET listed seller for that price delivered to the West Coast where I live . Same unit , same deal . My advice is go for that price and get it . If you have to do mail order ask someone at the other end of the line if you can get warranty cards, a receipt from an authorized dealer , and a unit with serial numbers still on . And then see if your credit card will double the warranty . I am a platinum member and my card will do it . So I now have a four year warranty . I am telling you all this because it took me 3 days of research to get to this point . So Happy Chinese New Year !

Hi,
How can you buy it by $449.00 in circuit city?
The price must be 499.00 right now. I want to buy it at $449.00 nut how?

A chinese.

Anonymous
The Onkyo HT-S650 makes the Kenwood HTB-505 sound good.

Anonymous
Make: Kenwood Usa
Model: HTB-205
Description: Kenwood HTB-205 Home Theater System
Best Price: 196.99

A full listing of who sells this item is available at
http://StreetPrices.com/Electronics/sortdetailbylowprice/SP760039.html

OahnMacleod
You are crazy if you don't buy this system!
IT IS THE BEST SYSTEM FOR THE MONEY, PERIOD!
In fact, I would have easily paid $1,000 for this system and been satisfied, however, I too paid only $449.00 for it at circuit city (Those store prices are fixed, you should see how much they are marked up).
The bass is Tight and LOUD, the Sub is 150 watts, and not muddy (especially when using a better quality subwoofer cable), Front & Center speakers are equally balanced and give warm perfect sound, the highs not being brash or tinny like those little Sony Satelite speakers. The rear speakers are equally solid, balancing out the system just perfect.
Do yourself a favor and just but 2 of these systems!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us