Pre-Amp Outs

I am looking to purchase my first good A/V receiver, I currently have a SOny STRAV910, 14 yeasr old, sounds great, but really old surround. What I am looking for is a redcievr $300-$800 that has the option of pre-amp outs to run to an external amp (NAD, or Mac.) to run my big main speakers, when I am listenign to music. But I want to use the receievrs amp for the surroudn speakers (the main speakers are separate from the surrounds). It seems like this is possible with the Kenwood 6070 or maybee with the Yamaha 5590, but I am not sure about that. Does anyone have a suggestion for receievrs too look at?

Jon
Check out the Denon receivers, you won't be disappointed.

Anonymous
Pioneer have pre outs and A and B speakers. But at 100+ watts a channel do you really need to hook up the sony?

I do not want to hook up the Sony I want to hook up either a NAD or Mctosh, both are available) I like the music loud at certain times so I definalty need more powewr than eithe of the receievrs I mentioned coud be used, II also wanty receievr suggestions.
Thanks

Chris Alderman
Check out the Outlaw Audio 1050...it can be used as a preamp as well as a stand alone HT A/V receiver. I have heard rave reviews about this product. I was going to purchase this unit but money matters forced me to go with my Onkyo HTIB (which I love :O ). Check out their website at www.outlawaudio.com. The going price is around 499.00 now I believe. They even have a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied.

Chris :)

Eric Jenkins
I'll second the Outlaw choice. I've been nothing but pleased in the 2 years that I've owned the 1050.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us