Bose AM15 or Infinity HTS20 OPINIONS PLEASE!

Username: Steveo3818

Post Number: 1
I've seen all the bashing of Bose on the news groups which has made me consider changing out my current speaker system.

Currently I have an Accoustimass 15 that I got for FREE through some what less than reputable sources. No matter what people tell me, Bose sounds good when it is free.

Despite this I am yearning to have something better. Now I have the opportunity to get an Infinity HTS20 speaker package for almost free.

Would this be a downgrade or upgrade? I just need some honest opinions.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 322
It wouldn't be an upgrade - might sound worse.
If you want to spend $700 on surround speakers, axioms are good. www.ascendacoustics.com has them. Search for "axiom".

M3ti for the fronts.
Micro for the back.
A Center
And a sub

You can read all the raving reviews here - www.axiomaudio.com

This sounds fuller than Bose - perhaps what you are looking for.

You might be

Username: Project6

Post Number: 120
I have heard the Infinity HT speakers and compared to the Bose Acoustimass, I think that it sounds much better than the Acoustimass, no matter what series. Much better clarity if a little bright for such small bookshelves.
Bose is really good if you buy into their marketing and not really listen to anything else.
Listen to both and compare, you have nothing to lose if you're getting free stuff anyway.
cheers

Username: Steveo3818

Post Number: 2
I got the Infinity hts-20 setup last night and hooked it up. My god, it sounds soooo much better than the Bose am15 I have. I have a vcs-10 center and was curious how the infinity compared, besides being about 4 pounds heavier the sound from the center sounded more full than the Bose.

Looks like my Bose will be going up on ebay...any takers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us