Receiver for klipsch speakers

Username: Pacnw

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have any suggestions for a sub $1200 a/v receiver that would blend well with a Klipsch Cinema 10 (5.1) surround system? It will be used 50/50 music / movies.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 757
Pioneer Elite vsx-54, H/K 630 and Marantz 7400 or new 7500. I would rank them in that order as a match with Klipsch in their ability to tame the brighness of the Klipsch. All very powerful and very nice to listen to in both movies and music.

Username: Pacnw

Post Number: 2
Thanks realelitefan. Denon receivers have been heavily promoted at the shops (within my price range) that I have been to. Will check into the Elites and H/K soon. Couldn't find a shop carrying marantz in the area.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 760
I have been dealing with a store for over 20 years that sells Klipsch, Elite, Denon and Sony ES. They of course will sell any combination and I have heard all three receivers with Klipsch many,many times over the years and by far the best combo is the Elite with Klipsch. The Denon is too thin and bright and the SonyES is just horrible with Klipsch. I have talked to the manager about this several times and he agrees with me but he admits they are in business primarily for the money and Denon and Sony are big, recognizeable names and some people buy on name recognition only. I have another store that sells Marantz and SonyES and they tell me people come in and actually refuse to even hear the Marantz and only want the decidedly inferior Sony. They hate it but they have to keep the doors open for the rest of us. Pretty sad if you ask me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us