I would like your opinions!!

Anonymous
I'm falling prey to the seperates argument.
I was set on the Onkyo HT-S650 because it's seems to be a decent setup for the price. Now I'm not so sure. My next option is to get a Panasonic HE-100k and some Sony SS-MF600H's or the KLH 5001's.
I know that these are cheap dollar wise and quality wise. However, I am on a budget here and if I cant't spend much more $600.00.

Mojer
if ur budget is $600 then i'd stick to getting the Onkyo. I also have this system and i feel that it sounds great. the onkyo is great for first time buyers because it is a complete system. the speakers are perfectly matched so that you dont have to worry about timbre matching. I would suggest getting separates if you have alot of money and if ur really picky about sound quality. I would not pay $1000-$2000 for separates just becuause it sounds a "little better" than my onkyos. hope this helps Good luck

Tom Elkins
Do you need the 100k? Consider the cheaper 70k which you can get for like 180 online...and some decent speakers...I don't think you would be happy with the KLH's though...I thought the Onkyo set sounded better.
Have not heard the Sonys you speak of though.
Just so you know...Consumer Reports rated the Panasonics as very good...and CNET liked the Onkyo speakers and the HT-s650...so they liked both reciever and speakers.
Not that reviews mean anything at all. Just go with what you like at the sound you like.
You can get the Onkyo HT-s650 shipped for $434...I think that's really hard to beat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us