Soundblaster digital signal

Username: Stan8450

Post Number: 1
I am trying to get a digital signal from my computer to my receiver (kenwood VR-407) using a Soundblaster Live.

Summary:
- I have a mono y adapter running from the digital out (orange) on my computer.
- RCA cables then run from the Y adapter to the Video 2 receiver input on my receiver.

I am receiving no signal.

I have tried many things such as
- rca cables into cd/dvd receiver input.
- choosing 'Digital output only' on my speaker options.

Please any help appreciated. I have wasted an unreal amount of time on this and would love to come to a conclusion.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 11
You must input the digital coax output from the SB Live card to the digital coax input on your receiver. There is no reason to use a "Y" adapter using a digital coax cable. 5+ channels can be carried on a digital signal over 1 RCA cable.

The Video 2 and dvd/reciever input are analog inputs. If your receiver doesn't have digital input capability then you cannot take the digital signal from your sound card and plug it into your receiver because your reciver does not posess a D/A converter.

If your receiver does have digital capability you must map the coax in to Video 2. Instructions for your receiver can be found in your manual. By doing this you're telling the receiver that when you hit Video 2 on your remote, to use the digital coax input instead of the analog input for Video 2.

I hope I have helped solve some of your problems.

Bren

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 12
Just because I care, Page 10 of your manual explains the connection... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us