Which ways best?

Aaron123
Unregistered guest
hi i have a wharfedale wav4313 with dts and dd and i am tryng to connect a dvd play to my system.

Trouble is how should i do this?

I have an digital out on the dvd player and in on the receiver, and when connect with a digital coaxal lead i cannot select dts or dd only dpl.

What am i doing wrong?

I also have 6 ch ext in on my receiver so should i connect using that. And whats the best way of doing that.

All help much appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 25
Something is wrong. Check your DVD player, Receiver and the cable. They should work. ALso check all the settings on each component and the remote control. You should be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 46
It sounds like you're missing a setting on the DVD player or receiver. On my reciever I have to map the coax or optical input to say "DVD" for example. Otherwise my receiver defaults to using the 2 channel analog input.

I go into a menu on the receiver and tell it that optical is connected to DVD and coax is connected to my CD player. Then, on my DVD player I have to tell it to output the audio via optical..

Hope this helps.. oh and BTW digital output from the DVD player is the way to go!

Bren
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us