Help decision please: Buy a better center channel or less expensive one that matches my mains?

Liner
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I am in a dilemma in terms of building a home theatre system with a limited budget. I have Pinnacle AC550's as my rears. A pair of AC650's as my mains. I am contemplating purchasing the Pinnacle 5.3 center off ebay for <$100 or bite the bullet and go for the B&W LCR60's which look beautiful but are $350 (and eventually upgrade to all B&W's when the time is right). The B&W's are really warm, but many claim are neutral. Any suggestions on this dilemma?

In terms of amps to drive them, I am considering a Sony STR-DE997, which is feature rich, and a good 1/3 the price of the equivalent Denon. I like the idea of Dolby IIx where I can turn any prologic or 5.1 sound source and output 6.1/7.1 to my speakers. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks!

Liner

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1619
Get the Denon over the Sony. Feature rich, yes, but you have to ask why they cost 1/3 less, and no, it is not equivalent to Denon. Sony makes great products, but I am not too impressed with their HT line up, specially the STR series. The ES is okay!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us