PC - TV Audio Setup

Username: Audio1234

Post Number: 1
I watch quite a good bit of movies on my TV from my PC through s-video video out. Video works fine.

As far as audio though, this is my setup. I have an SB Live! soundcard and am running a 1/8" cable all the way from the soundcard to the TV. I have a 1/8th to RCA adapter. From there I plug them into the back of the tv right next to the s-video, and I do have sound. Only problem is, the sound distorts the video image. Not horribly, but it just causes some fuzz whenever there is sound and it gets quite annoying. Ofcourse, if I unplug it, the distortion goes away. So its obviously the sound causing the problem.

I'm definitely no audio setup guru, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with the signal, the tv, or if I need a digital converter or something, or if its something with s-video. I have no idea. Right now im just using external speakers, and since it isnt associated with the TV itself, there is ofcourse no distortion. This works fine, but id just like to figure out this issue so maybe I wouldnt have to use external speakers anymore.

So overall, I basically want to run audio from my soundcard to my audio-in on my tv, without any visual distortion and need to know what im doing incorrectly, or if its just the TV. Any help is appreciated.

Post Number: 4
no one knows?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1642
you need to get some thick shielded cables to cut the interference.
How long are the cable runs?

Post Number: 5
20-25 ft.....

the distortion is only caused when there is sound in the video......its not like a constant interference.....and the second i unplug the audio from the tv, the interference goes away....so its at the tv for sure. Its like the audio signal is interfering with the video signal inside the tv. i dunno

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1647
You need thick shielded cables, those long runs are just playing havoc on the TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 13
It sounds like you're getting some cross over from the audio cables. Try seperating them, and if they must cross, make the intersections 90 degrees.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us