Somebody talk me out of the Kenwood HTB-505

Anonymous
I've noticed from reading through the forums here that the once highly respected Kenwood HTB's are now regarded as sub-par. Please explain why. I am going to be recieving either the Kenwood HTB-505 or the Onkyo S650 for Christmas/Graduation from family and I don't want to make a mistake.

Please, I want factual, logical reasons why one is better than the other. Not "I have the Onkyo and it rocks!" or "I couldn't find the Kenwood, so...".

Is it just the extra s-video and digital input on the Onkyo? Is there a large difference in sound quality? I'm torn since the Onkyo is $50 more ($550 at CC, I'm not ordering online) and I'm already asking my folks for a lot. Help!

Anonymous
I hope you got the HT-S650

Anonymous
Why not have CC pricematch their own website and buy it in the store??? I've done it many times. Still $499 on their website. Also, why not order it online and choose to pick it up in the store?? I would go to the store anyway and compare the 2 for yourself. Pick up the speakers and hold them. Listen to them. When I checked out the 2 in the store, the Onkyo was clearly superior to the Kenwood in my opinion.

got the onkyo 650, it is not a htib, but a htivbb, home theater in a very big box, weighs about 110 lbs and you need a truck or a very big trunk, that is why i did not buy it at circuit city

lucky i found out about onkyousa.com and their refurb units for $330 +tax, no shipping, arrived 5 days later at my doorstep, system looks brand new, just got it set up in time to watch the rose parade on tv, the new year is starting out right

Anonymous
Guys, I hope you noticed that my first message was posted back in November. I've had the Onkyo for about a month and I love it.

My only question is what the optimal delay settings are for a room where people will be sitting all around the perimeter of the room with varying distances from all speakers.

What do you do in a situation like that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us