JBL Northridge

Username: Lr8370

Post Number: 1
I am considering to buy JBL E60 (front), EC25 (centre), E10 or E20 (surround). Sub: Yamaha, but I'm not sure (costs less than JBL). Probably I will match them with a Denon 1804 and DVD Denon 700.
What do you think about these JBL speakers? Are they adequate?
Thanks!!

superfecta
Unregistered guest
If they are the same specs as the old Northridge series,i would get them.I have the Northridge series from last year(I noticed they are no longer sold,the e-series are the new models)The best part is the Subs,they make the whole system.But be sure to have a well powered reciever,these speakers need a solid power amp.Ebay has good deals on this stuff,if I had to do it over again,I would get all the speakers from someone like audio video direct(I recently picked up another sub for half the price I paid locally).The only reason I added another powered sub is that the system looked funny with only one sub sitting next to the tower speakers,and now it POUNDS.Good luck with your choices,remember get what sound good to you,not everyone else.

Username: Lr8370

Post Number: 2
Do you think the Denon 1804 has enough power? Or should I go for the 2803?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 297
These speakers sound better to me - They got good reviews - check them out on the sight. www.ascendacoustics.com

Try to hear NAD or onkyo 800. They both got good reviews at www.hifichoice.co.uk and ohter hifi sights.

You will end up with better sound if you go with the ones the pros recommend at hifi magazines - especially ones that recieved many awards.

superfecta
Unregistered guest
The Denon unit looks like it can do the job,only bad thing is it has alot of options and may be tricky to set up.Which really may not be a bad thing if you work at it,sometimes those extras can help when you have alot of equipment to hook up and /or have a room that has accoustic problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us