NAD Info

Username: Forester

Post Number: 1
Looking to upgrade my receiver currently have a Yam Rxv890 and am finding it is time to try something new. I have all yam compenonts and have been researching NAD receivers I'm looking for any information possible from owners, especially regarding reliability. I'm looking at either T753 or T763. Wondering if the 763 is worth the extra money. Thanks for all your help.

Forester

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 331
Tom,

This question and others like it have been asked time and time again on this forum, and unfortunately, it cannot be answered by anyone other than yourself. I own an NAD T762 and could not be happier with it. It has increadible detail and clarity and has loads of power. Both the T753 and T763 are wonderful units. Both offer comparable features and both sound wonderful. As far as reliability goes, I have not heard that either is any better or worse in this area than the other.

T763
100 watts x 6
Toroidal Transformer
RS-232 Port for future upgradability

T753
70 watts x 6

Other than these few features/specifications, these two units are virtually identical. They offer identical sound formats, identical inputs, identical setup, and so on. So, like I said, it is up to you to decide what features you want and how much those extra features are worth to YOU!! I wouldn't hesitate getting the T753, but if you want the extra features, and can afford the extra money...you can never have too much power, you know what I mean?

Post Number: 2
Should I be concerned with integrating my current yamaha components with an NAD or anyother receiver?

Silver Member

Missouri

Post Number: 332
Tom,

What components are you talking about?

Post Number: 3
Have Yam dvdc 920, yam eq 70, and a tape deck. This is an old system, with exception of the dvd player. Speaker are bose cubes and old kenwoods. College day buys and am going to replace but want to start with a receiver and build from that.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1342
Tom,

You can be fairly sure you will not hear any difference between those two receivers, using the rest of the system you already have. Quite possibly you never will. Apart from the excellent sound, one good feature of NAD receivers is versatility: line-level (pre-amp stage) inputs and outputs, all channels; external 5.1 analogue inputs; tape monitor; on and on. I have a T760 receiver (5 x 60 W) which is the ancestor of the T753. It sounds great, and will do anything I ask it to. Except no phono input. I get around that using an older stereo pre-amp whose output goes to the receiver "Video 4" input. Wonderful.

Username: Persvako

North Europe

Post Number: 5
Anyone has made any compare with 753 and 763 in sound quality? It's the main reason I'm considering to buy 763 in place of 753. And also 30 watts more power per channel would be good. My speakers are Dynaudio 52. What do you think, is it worth the money?

Silver Member

Missouri

Post Number: 333
persvako,

As far as sound quality goes, you likely will not ever notice a difference between the two, in my opinion. Both are wonderful sounding units.

Like I said earlier, in my opinion, you are the only one who can determine whether "it is worth the money". I mean, for some people, the extra $400 would be very easy to come up with. For others, producing the extra money is very difficult. More power is never a bad thing, but for the vast majority of users, the extra power will largely go unused. My advice is always to go with what you can comfortably afford. If you don't have to "break the bank" to afford the T763, then go for it. But, I am sure that you will be more than satisfied with the T753 as well.

By the way, I have never auditioned the combo in person, but I have heard from others that the NAD/Dynaudio combination is absolutely wonderful.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 252
Interesting name you have persvako, it must describe you very accurately.

As for the matter of T753 vs T763 these threads might be helpful:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/27482.html
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/17316.html

North Europe

Post Number: 7
Yes it describes my name very well. I thought that you are German guy, landroval. Actually I was a little bit surprised when I read a thread you told about Amphion speakers, so it was my second thought.

Anyways... Johnny, thanks for your opinions. I'm not a rich guy. Actually I'm pretty assopen, as we say in my country, so it'd be stupid to pay so much more for only a couple of things. It makes sense to me to buy 753 over 743, though. With $400€ you can also buy better CD-player or upgrade Dynaudio 52 speakers to 52SE. I think those will make more improvement to sound, right?

763/753:
- Viper: "I've noticed a more detailed sound in all types of media. I definately have no regrets about upgrading." But I don't believe this guy so much...
- some guy: "T763 sounded warmer and fuller than the T743" We don't even know who this person is so...

Yes, many people have said good things about Dynaudio+NAD combo. So I think I have to believe them!

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
:-) The only easy choice to really compare the differences between the NAD models is to find a place to listen to them with the same speakers or to audition them at home. I know this is a bit hard because the dealer at Helsinki doesn't seem to be interested in getting a T763 to the store. Take a trip to Tallinn or try to ask other dealers if they can arrange a side by side comparison.

If you're planning to set up a 6.1 or 7.1 system it might be wise to get the T763 because of the serial-port and possible ProLogicIIx upgrade.

It feels a bit stupid to discuss this here while we could have done it in some Finnish forum...

North Europe

Post Number: 10
Yeah, that is the question. To be able to listen with my speakers and with both the receivers. And that is impossible. I know pretty much that stuff you said. I think I have to get a passport and go to Estonia to listen those amplifiers. ;)

But it would be nice to read a review or have somebodys deliberate opinion about those. Still, I haven't found any real reviews about NAD's 7x3 amplifiers yet. Has anybody found?

I think it's nice to discuss in english. I can learn new things and improve my language skills at the same time!

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
Yeah, I know. That's why I'm here.

The only review I've found is in a french mag 'Revue du son et du Home Cinema' no.285 of May 2004. I couldn't find it anywhere and it's not available in the net so I dont exactly know what they said there. At HCFR somebody said that the $2k Rotel won the test, the CA 540R and the Yamaha V650 got 4 stars and the H/K didn't do very well, but thats all I know about it.
Link: http://www.viapresse.com/van2/pages_laredoute/recherchetitre.asp?codebarre=37814 934055090285001

Here you can find a nice 'Cine-now' wmv-video about the T773:
http://www.cinenow.com/us/recherche.php?mot=NAD#

Gold Member

Post Number: 1353
persvako and landroval,

On behalf of non-Suomi speakers let me thank you for discussing here!

My own decision, if I were persvako, would be to get T753 and couple it with a T533 DVD-A/V/Cd player. The sound quality per Finmark spent (sorry, "EURO"!) would be out of sight of any other combination. Let me also say, from my own experience, that I know the Scandinavian distributor (AudioNord/Hifi klubben; head office in Denmark - local dealerships may vary) is the tops for attention to customer satisfaction and technical knowledge of this brand and others - have no fear about bugs etc.

Bronze Member

North Europe

Post Number: 11
Thanks John A. for your kind words!

Either you have lived in Finland for a while or you have a lot of interest in that country, because you know more than basic (UK?) guy?

I will definitely go for NAD, but for player I have thought about C541i. Actually I have already bought it, as a secondhand. It was pretty cheap and I have 300 CD's, non DVD-A's or SACD's so far. But later, in 1 or 2 years, when we know who is the winner (will there ever be a winner, like DVD-R/DVD+R?) of this multichannel competition and there's more discs in the stores, it's time for me considering buying that player. By the way, there's no support for SACD in your T533, why?

Well this is a bit offtopic so I apologize for that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
Some manufacturers are not interested in paying SACD royalties to Sony so they have sticked with DVD-A only. At least NAD, Rotel and Panasonic have not introduced any SACD producs, and they said they have no interest in doing so. I have a DVD-A-only Panasonic and I'm mostly happy with it, but if I'd be getting a new player I'd definitely take a dual-format apparatus. DVD-A is still very rare here, but SACDs are available in rather many places.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1354
persvako,

Thanks. I have visited a couple or three places. Abo, Helsingfors, Tammefors. But I always prefer to use the real names, if possible; Turku, Helsinki, Tempere....

I have written all I know, and then some, about the NAD T533 on another thread. This player was my personal introduction to DVD-A. A landmark. It plays CDs OK, too. I think that including SACD would have added a lot to the price. I am happy to stay with DVD-A.

NAD T533 DVD/CD player user's review, and DVD-Audio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us