Best HT for $1000

Ok, I'm looking for an entry Home Theater system (speakers and receiver). It will need to do double duty, music and theater. At this point in time I only want to spend $1000, give or take. My room is 12x20. I live in an area which will make it difficult to find these systems to listen to, so, I may have to buy without hearing :(

So far, I've read good things about:

Onkyo ht650
Onkyo ht755
Energy 5.2 speakers, + separate rec.

What suggestions can you give. Thanks for any help!

John Raymond
The Onkyo HTS-650 is the best value, get some good speaker cables, hook it to a good DVD player and your in business. Since you read this forum you should know to buy from an authorized Onkyo dealer in case you have a problem.

Grimace
The fact that the Onkyo hts650 has several known problems is probably a good clue that you should avoid it. Save yourself some trouble and consider another product, or you could roll the dice and take your chances with the hts650.

Anonymous
Denon 683XP. Resonably priced and sounds great!

Anonymous
Please.

Swing by onecall and pick up the Onkyo SR600 with the Atlantic t70 speaker package for 1080.00 (or with the NHT package for 947.00)

Or

Grab the HK 520 for 496.00 and pair it with some Infinity HTS20 (around 400) or the Ininity Entra .5 series (500+)

Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us