6 Channel output to a good Surround sound system?

Unregistered guest
Hey, im from England. Sorry i think im having much the same problem as a few other posts i've seen on here, but if anyone could suggest an International Dealer/Model that would be great.

I have bought a Pioneer DV-575 DVD player, which has DD/DTS decoders built in and 5.1 phono output on the back. I was wondering if anyone can suggest any good 5.1 Speaker systems with the amp built into the Sub, so that i could hook it straight up. At the moment i am looking at the Acoustic Energy Aego5 Speaker system (the package without the decoder) but it is a bit expensive, is their any simular quality solutions anyone can think of?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2408
the 5.1 phono output on the back is for connecting it to a receiver or processor that accepts these plugs. It is not for direct connection to speakers, it seems like you are under this impression. You will still need a receiver AND speakers.

If you want a simple economic solution, you can get a home theater in a box. What is your budget?

Unregistered guest
Thanks for replying.

The Acoustic Energy 5.1 speaker setup i am looking at has the input on the back of the subwoofer (which has a built in amplifier) via a multipin cable which is provided, but can also come with an optional decoder for if i was wanting optical inputs etc... see here for what i mean: http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/products/aego/aegoloudspeakers.html This is a great system, but i was wondering if you know of any simular speaker systems out there like this? The cheapest i have seen this for is £299.99, and if definately the best quality solution i have found. I have seen afew alternatives, but all very cheap and i am sceptical about them. (please bear in mind that my Player already has the Decoders built in)

Thanks Alot

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2421
That is an interesting set-up, and it looks like a great system.
I think the plus is that you don't need a receiver.
There are others on the market but I believe they are geared towardsa computer entertainment system.

Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help.
If anyone else understands the situation and has any suggestions then please let me know.
Thanks alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us