JTAG-"Parallel port could not be opened"

Silver Member
Username: Dure

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 231
I am trying to Jtag my Ariza 700. Tried Skymax 1.3, 2.2, Wall and J keys.But I get a window screen "The parallel port could not be opened". JTAG cable I am using is Universal JTAG cable with 10, 12, & 20 pins purchased at E Bay. The Five resisters are there. My computer OS is Windiws vista Home premium.Only LPT 1 is available. Any help is very much appreciated.Expecting an early reply please. Thank you.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14464
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/552977.html

The jtag cable you bought has a 25 pin end for the computer. Does your vista have a old style 25 pin parallel port?

Bronze Member
Username: Chum_ley

Post Number: 51
Thanks Nalin ill try that

Bronze Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 50
You will need to change the compatibility mode on those programs to windows 98 / me.

Right click on program icon and select compatibility and you should see where to make the changes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
Thanks Nalin. I do have a 25 pin end in the JTAG cable I bought. Also I have an old style 25 pin port in my computer Vista (Acer).
Chumley: Thank you very much. On Right Click on program I am not getting the compatibility option in my Vista. Could you please explain in detail.Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 387
Make sure you have good ground from LPT 18-25 and #20 or grnd pin of sq pin to chassis. Box cover screw works well. Make sure boxes rear power switch is on. If Apps error you may have to right click each programs icon and change compatability to 98/me. Wall should show serial and imp #s when box pwr switch is on. Leave open and start jkey look for your model or similar in drop menu. Jkeys.def contains the data needed, can be edited and must be in same directory as jkeys.exe try erase flash/ write new. If not then open skymax click connect 1st error says turn box off then on. I then hit erase without connect and began getting successfull Jtag messages.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Viswaa Dure- i forgot ,after you right click you have to select properties first, then compatibility.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
Chumley- Thank you so much.In my vista the compatiblity mode is not active. Unable to change the compatiblity mode. On Windows, display indicates "compatibility modes can not be set on this program because it is part of this version of this windows". Sorry for the trouble.
Semore Butts- Thank you very much for the valuable information.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Viswaa Dure. do you have a skymax shortcut on your desktop(or any of the other mentioned programs), if you do right click on it, select properties , compatibility ,
put check mark by compatibility mode and select windows 98/me- works on my computer w/ vista.

good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
Chumley: Thank you Chumley.Now, Managed to get through Compatibility.Compatibility changed to 98/me. Now the problem is when you hit the Start button I get the folowing windows:
"Init JTAG, INCODE: FFFFF,
Fail DCU, Pl. Restart or Reset CPU Box".
I restarted, samething happens. Now what to do. Chumley pl help me. I am very much interested in this JTAG. Thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
Chumley are you busy. Awaiting for your help pl.
Someone pl help me to solve the above problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Viswaa Dure, I was never able to get past that either using skmax, I used wall and jkeys to jtag a 3500 a couple years ago.

The compatibility mode for wall and jkeys needs to set to 98/me, also with jkeys after you run the program you click file , preferences and select parallel port as the jtag interface.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
The only problem I had with wall and jkeys was -DCU peek error - and I was able to make it go away by closing the programs and starting over - took several attempts but it finally worked.

Good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Your welcome Viswaa Dure I am here to help all at all times. Thank You Thank You

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
Chumley! Thank you many many times. Shall try again and again and let you know later. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
You do that pal ill be waiting by my dial for you to turn up the lever.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14473
Viswaa Dure:
Are you trying to load the factory bin or are you trying to convert it to Pansat 2700 workalike?

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
Nalin- I am trying to convert my Ariza 700 to Pariza- Pansat 2700. Thanks Nalin

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14479
Try this link. You will probably have to register, but it is worth it.

[link removed]

Even if you have difficulties, you will be able to get more help there.

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 391
I told you what worked for me. After error need restart do it but dont hit connect again hit erase.

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
Semore Butts-Thank you
Nalin- Thank you
I will try as advised and let you all know the progress.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
Chumley, Nalin, Semore Butt- Finaly I have suceeded in JTAG and converted my Ariza 700 to Pariza and it works well.Final problem was with the com. port. I tried putting an extension cable (Printer-Scanner) from the LPT port to the JTAG cable and it did the miracle. I was thrilled to see that it worked.
I thank whole heartedly Chumley, Nalin and Semore Butt without whose help,advice and instructions I would not have achieved this sucess. Thank you all again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us