Pansat 2500a dead or alive made easy

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 380
Tired of the PS BS? Take old printer cable cut in half. Take old ide cable cut leaving a 20 pin connector. Buy a 6pack of 100 ohm resisters for .99c at Rad Shack solder together. 2-9 3-11 4-13 5-19 13-15 (all #s are LPT to 20pin) with resister between each. 18~25 LPT and #20 of IRD all go together for ground to chassis. Use short pc black tape folded longways for each then wrap entire mess. Remove cover attach cable, turn on box ,run skymax 1.3, click erase then load full jtag flash bin 208 & your done.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
What I mean is if you upgrade using a jtag cable you eliminate converting,converting back,boot files,timing downloads,Rider lights,loaders and on and on. Just connect cable,erase,write,done.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14463
Good post and instructions.

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
One thing of importance in skymax I clicked connect got error "restart box" did that then clicked erase and began getting sucsess messages. Otherwise I'd still be there clicking connect and turning pwr switch off and on. Clicking connect and turning pwr switch off and on.

Bronze Member
Username: Lubfr01

Post Number: 95
Semore Buuts...

can you post the picture as to how and what you did....

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
No but if you look at the LPT cable each pin is actually numbered and in your stb it shows #s 1 & 20. Also LPT wires colored Red=#2 orng=3 light.orng=9 Y=5 ppl=13. An ohm meter a must to check each connection pin# to pin# LPT to sqr20. took me three tries after taping it real good each time. On th 20 pin connector I left about three inchs,separated each with razor. If you take and stick straight pin in #9 then using ohm meter establish the correct ribbon wire all others say #11 is 2 wires away,13 4th wire away.Now wires 18 through 25 LPT get ends twisted and the bare no insulation wire and #20 wire from Ide.All together making one big ground wire. Let it stick out to the side when wrapping up the main cable. When in use wrap around cover screw and tighten

Username: Wht_dvl

Post Number: 3
Not having much luck w/ a real pansat 2500, tried a few different things w/o any success, starting over, where should I go from here?

skymax1.3, connected jtag cable, powered up box, connected successfully, erased successfully, wrote PanSat2500A-29LV800BTC- Full.bin successfully

what next, use skymax, ukronic, bl loader??? load 1.0.3 boot and than 208 LZMA??? a step by step would be much appreciated, thx

Silver Member

Post Number: 400
Erase the one you just loaded and load Team-PUFF_(Lzma)_V208_(FULL_Jvvh-JTAG)_Flash.

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
I believe it must have the word JTAG in the file name.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 14487
Semore Butts is right.
The name of the file is
Jvvh-Team-PUFF_(Lzma)_V208_(FULL JTAG)_Flash.bin

You can download it from
PUFF_LZMA link

You will find it in
ALL_208_PUFF_LZMA-B.zip
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums