Can someone PLEASE help with my Pansat receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Kellergirl

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 63
I have a Pnsat 2500A that has been converted to Puff, but when I try to put the new Puff bin on, it doesn't load. Now my receiver is stuck on the language screen, and will not move. I am so frustrated. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I wait until PUFF starts scrolling across the front of the receiver and then try to write it, but it gives me an error message every time. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 304
Kellergirl--are you sure it didn't load? Look at system to see. Because what you are describing sounds as if you are stuck there because you need to do the user set up, time, date and scanning the stations.

Therefore, try that first, as well as looking at system to see if the bin has loaded.

With the PUFF you hit write on at the very first sign of the first P as it begins to scroll puff.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 64
Well, that is one of the problems...after I tried to load the bin, it is stuck on the language screen, and will not move.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 65
I have had this box for over 2 months, and just cannot get it to work right. I am going to sell it and stick with my Captiveworks.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 66
I am trying to convert back from Puff, and that isn't working either. Maybe my box has died?

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
When a bin is loaded if it needs to be set-up, it WILL stay 'stuck' on the language screen and will not ADVANCE until you do the user set up.

I assume at one point, you've had to do this in the past?

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Does it display a channel number, ON or ANYTHING on the front of the receiver?

In addition, did you try to do user set up at all? Or even look at the system to see what it says?

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 67
Usually if I press ok on the remote, it will get out of the language screen. But it is stuck. I give up.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 68
Ok, I found the problem....was using wrong cable to hook up to box. Duh.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 69
Ok, the bin loaded, but it is still stuck on the language screen.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 70
Ok, how can I do the user setup if my remote will not work? Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
If your are trying to do the user set up and it's not working, then I would think there is a remote issue, check the batteries.

Also, I was thinking that if a bin didn't load, I don't know how it would even get to the language screen, as it seems that it would be right back as before it ever had a bin loaded it in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
If it's not the batteries, perhaps, the bin isn't compatible for your remote? As that has been an issue in the past with the b-75 bins, when the right one isn't loaded for the remote.

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
What bin did you use?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10817
Kellergirl:
Try to load a different PUFF bin and and continue to doing user and antenna setups.

If that does not work:
Just do a revert to b60 boot, then load 294T BIN and reconvert to PUFF using jvvh 253 640K boot BIN.

Then load a different PUFF bin and continue to doing user and antenna setups.

Either b75 or PUFF or LZMA

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
and select appropriate section

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
WEll it's about time Nalin..you could have saved me a bunch of typing..LOL..J/K

Nice to see you. :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10818
Sorry, Joe: I was looking at the new LZMA_268 BIN released by Haddad.
I have not made up my mind whether or not to test it.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 71
The bin did load..it is 268. I have changed the batteries in the remote, and nothing. I have been working on this for 4 hours. I am done. Going to sell it, as it is not worth all this trouble. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
Hmm...so the LZMA bin is back? Personally, I'd be a little leery of the LZMA, since there wasn't any bins for quite sometime. How about you? What are your thoughts on that? Do you think they will now become widely available?

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 72
I tried loading other bins, but same thing. I'm not going to try and revert and convert back..too much trouble. Thanks anyway all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
Kellergirl-- The current bin is 268. However, there are several of them. Try another one. I know others who are using the FWANK7-JVVH-TeamPuff bin and are having no problems.

Therefore, load this bin first before you give up.

If that doesn't do the trick--follow Nalins posts and links:

C/P from Nalin's post:

If that does not work:
Just do a revert to b60 boot, then load 294T BIN and reconvert to PUFF using jvvh 253 640K boot BIN.

Then load a different PUFF bin and continue to doing user and antenna setups.

Either b75 or PUFF or LZMA

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
and select appropriate section

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 73
Joe, I tried the tronics bin and the FWANK7-JVVH-TeamPuff bin, same thing. I don't know how to revert, so I am leaving it alone.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 74
Ok, I tried to revert and am getting an error. Ugh.

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
Kellergirl--I'm guessing at this point, you've been at too long and need to step away from it for a while. Otherwise, you're just going to get more frustrated and possibly not think clearly.

Once you've had sometime away from it, then I suggest to follow Nalins advice and get the needed tools and info from his link.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10819
b60 boot always works.

Fwank7 has a special BIN for SW21 - if you are using that switch.

The instructions have to be followed precisely. I must have loaded b60 boot about 30-40 times on at least 6 different receivers.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 76
Thanks for trying to help, but I put the box away, never to be seen again! WAY too much trouble. I will stick with my Captiveworks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us