Serious question...please help........

Silver Member
Username: Mdl97

Post Number: 189
is it possible for d!sh to detect if youre receiving their signal unauthorized?as we speak there is a d!sh van outside my house at about 4 houses down.the dude is just sitting in his van.please help.....

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 305
No, he can't tell. When people move they leave their dishes. Therefore, anyone can have a dish on their house and not even have satellite.

Not too mention, those who are watching FTA channels need a satellite dish on their house to do so.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
thanks joe.....i appreciate it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
Your welcomed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
looks like hes gonna do an install on that house.sorry for being paranoid......

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
You aren't the first to ask that, and I'm sure you won't be the last. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Redwater71

Post Number: 50
He can wonder though if you're not pointing in the same directions as the others !
Lets say you have a 'di$h' dish and you're pointing towards °82 ... that might raise a flag. Just might .. no guarantees !

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
Dude up north--he probably has better thigs to think or wonder about. However, if at one time someone at the house had satellite before, of course, it's still going to be pointed in those directions.

It's not as if DN comes out after you cancel it or move, and gives your satellite dish a spin or two to make sure it's not pointing in that directions :-)

So, let's assume they do think that? Then what, they come knocking on your door and say, hey I was sitting down the street wondering, so I thought I'd knock on your front door and ask to see if I am right? :-) And while I'm at it, can I come inside and have a look?

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
i just drove by and he is doing an install.yes my dish is pointing the same way as where hes doing an install.thanks....

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 52
I was told LNB emissions *can* be picked up (just means there is an active receiver); correct me if I'm wrong.

In any case without a search warrant nothing can be done, and getting one requires probable cause. Watching free and preview channels, which is legal, will cause your LNB to appear active.

So detecting an LNB emission is no proof of piracy whatsoever.

Like I said, I'll be glad to stand corrected, let the techies explain how it really works ;)

Bronze Member
Username: Redwater71

Post Number: 51
Relax joe ... here if I point to di$h I stick out compared to other Bev clients, specially I've got BEV written on the dish .. it just opens the door for inquiries.

That's all.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2484
Buy a dish with motor and invacom universal LNB and nobody can proof what you receive.
Thats what i have

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
Dude up north--I understood where you were coming from. Point taken. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us