FTA-KD questions........

Bronze Member
Username: Swirvin

Post Number: 44
my local place has the sonicview 8000HD for $770 canadian but i can find it everywhere else for 450-475.

they said it has some modulator card (??) inside that makes it true high def unlike the cooolsat 8100 that they say it not.

anyone know if the cooolsat 8100 is really HD and you need this modulator thing-a-ma-jig to get true HD?

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1215
RIP OFF! ... buy from the ppl that r selling it for 450 or buy from authorized dealers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
well i did some searching and came up with this....

http://www.dvb101.net/comersus/store/viewsat_platinum.asp

anyone know what this is for?

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1489
i think u need that to get DN hd.
U dont for bev

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
my local place really doesnt answer any questions, they just hand you a unit after you hand over the cash and that's about it.

its another $175 for a HD dish with 3 lnb's. what r all 3 used for? 110,119 and the 3rd for HD channels?

how could i get BEV and HD BEV as well?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 641
to get bev and bev hd all you need is the hd receiver, the lnbs for non hd bev will also get the hd channels

Gold Member

Post Number: 1492
yeah, dont buy a new dish. or lnb's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
actually, BEV would be a bonus for me. i really want DN. i currently have a pansat 2300a that has become useless over the past month.

i currently have 110 and 119 on one dish. i also have another dish and lnb not being used.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1494
i am gonna get bev soon too.

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 642
Aim the extra dish at 82w, www.dishpointer.com ,
add the hd receiver and you`re all set. (for now)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
i can do the dishes but what about that extra module for the sonicview? do i still need that for DN high def?

and what does "for now" mean AM? lol

thanks for the quick replies guys.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13201
Listen FTA on HD receivers ONLY gets Bev on HD, NOT Bev...if U want Dishnet (DN) on HD, with FTA HD receivers, then U NEED the 8psk adapter ($250)ADDED and installed to the HD receiver...and Only sonicview has had it readily available and working for awhile, since they were first with the HD receivers...Viewsat also now has it available via ebay or other electronics sites.....

Maybe the "local place" was asking $770 instead of $450, because their Sonicviews already have the needed DN 8psk adapater INSTALLED for ya, I dunno!...it requires some internal work to the receiver..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
seems you are correct LK.

that "module" they were telling me about is that 8psk adapter. its already installed and ready to go for DN.

sonicview 8000 seems to be the way to go for HD dishnet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us