Port Perry, Ontario

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 942

A Port Perry couple (48) year old Kenneth Graves
and (41) year old Lisa Anne Palmer are facing charges after Durham Regional police officers confiscated Satellite TV equipment.Police stumbled on the equipment, after going to the house in support of an ambulance call to the house. So if you are sick don't call an ambulance before, o'well you know what to do.

Hey BTW I haven't seen Mrs. White or Ryerson around could it be them?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9447
I'm sure the ewqipment as NOT just a FTA receiver...probably more like DN and Bev access cards and programmers for plastic testing..

Bronze Member
Username: Leines

Post Number: 25
i dont think that just seeing a fta receiver in someones house as you are walking by would be enough to test its capibilities and/or seize it... i assume LK is right and it was something more incriminating that they had.. or the police asked what it was and they just gave themselves up..

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 943

Hey leines
I will say ,that you are from Port Perry.
Man don't worry, you are a millon to one shot.
Just do your thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Joed

Post Number: 31
old news
http://www.cmpda.org/press/070316.html

PORT PERRY COUPLE CHARGED WITH SATELLITE SIGNAL THEFT

OSHAWA, Friday, March 16, 2007 -- A Port Perry couple is facing multiple charges after 15 Division officers confiscated satellite television equipment and digital access cards from their home.

On Sunday, March 11, 2007, officers from 15 Division were called to a Water Street home in Port Perry in support of an ambulance call. Once on scene, officers were invited inside the residence by the homeowners and discovered an assortment of satellite television equipment and access cards.

Further investigation revealed that the homeowners were in the possession of 17 Bell Express Vu and Dish satellite receivers, one Star Choice and one Direct TV receiver dish, approximately 30 Bell Express vu, Dish and Direct TV digital access cards. In addition three home computer systems with devices to rewrite satellite receiver cards were also located. Officers secured the scene and returned with a search warrant on March 13th to seize the equipment.

Kenneth GRAVES, age 48 and Lisa Anne PALMER, age 41, both of Water Street in Port Perry have been charged with:

Possession of Property Obtained By Crime
Possession of a Device to Obtain Telecommunication Facility
Theft of Telecommunication Service

Both were held for a bail hearing. The theft of communication technology is a serious offence and carries with it a reverse onus provision in the Criminal Code of Canada. Police allege the accused persons were downloading satellite television access codes from the Internet, re-programming the digital access cards then selling these cards and used satellite equipment to local consumers at discounted rates. It is estimated that the loss in revenue to the noted companies for the equipment located inside the residence is approximately $200,000.00

Anyone with information that may be helpful to detectives in this ongoing investigation is asked to contact D/Sgt. Herb Curwain of the 15 Division CIB at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 2674. Anonymous tips can be made to Durham Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) and tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1901
I saw this on the news ,it was an operation/business,they had piles of equipment recievers,loopers,programmers cards,didn't see any,fta units .It was because the ambulance was called,and police had nothing better to do,so they attended and the place was packed with sat stuff.BUSTED !

Gold Member

Post Number: 1927
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGWC0dnFcKk&NR=1

heres the vidieo from ctv/toronto

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 359
YICKS !!!!!!!! I live 20 minets away from Port Parry... But.. my BELL EV sat. is in pain sight. The "others" are kinda hiden and when the police come here to my home. I always put something infront of the veiwsat receivver. That way they dont see what kind it is.. could be the Bell EV receiver for all they know.

Bronze Member
Username: Zork_99

GTA

Post Number: 39
Doreen, so the police come over there on a regular basis or what?? Sounds like you got much more serious trouble going on at your house than just FTA Satelite.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1931
Why? Do the cops have a " habit of comming to your home Doreen,lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1932
Zork,u squeezed your post in before me.lol

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 361
Yes they have lately .. Remember the trouble with STEVE AND MY DAUGHTER .. well they come bsck to ask even more questions about that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1933
Oh,and here we were thinking you you were a bad azz girl.

I still thinking you are.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us