DVR for FTA

Bronze Member
Username: Angelo921

Post Number: 23
I recently switched over to FTA from cable tv. With cable tv I had a DVR cable box which allowed me to tape programs directly onto the box. I currently have the Pansat 2700 with FTA. I know this box does not allow me to do that but is there anything else I can buy as an add on that will enable me to tape shows other then a VCR?

thanks
Angelo

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1894
I use a dvd recorder,burns onto discs and has hard drive.There are all kinds of models and features,prices are respective.There is a dvd recorder forum here at ecoustics ,research before you buy,then you can get one with the features you want or need.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1145
Enas
Yes there are few receivers that can record like DVR/TIVO
I suggest Viewsat PVR 7000
Click here:
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1142833#POST1142833

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1897
But ,after there is no more fixes,I'd rather have a sepperate recorder that can be used for camera,camcorder,cable tv,ligit sat and duplicating and playing dvd's,and better price.And if u kill your reciever,u still have the recorder/player.

Bronze Member
Username: Ftalifecom

Post Number: 20
They have many new PVR fta receivers on the market!

Coolsats 7000 Micro PVR
This is a new PVR unit offered which you will be able to use an external hard drive through USB.

Neosat PVR iPro 2000 $209
Another external USB PVR receiver with 64mb SDRAM.

Viewsat 7000 PVR $300+
You will have to get a 3.5 internal hard drive to use with thise receiver.

Internal PVR's are being faded out. Even viewsat is trying to work on a USB PVR now.

Support will aways be offered here on ecoustics or ftalife.

Files can be found at [link removed]

Thanks and have a great day!
FtaLife Admin

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1153
I'm observing many shrinkage in digital recording DVRs in general
I don't know if TIVO is behind that or HD/blu-ray

Yes external USB is OK if you don't mind 2 stand alone units with 2 seperate powers with wires cascaded from one to another

Good Info FTALIFE
So please tell me what bin is for PVR 7000?
I still think is best SD unit out there for recording lovers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
thanks everyone for your suggestions. It would be awesome if there was something sort of like a USB drive that would plug directly to your tv and you can save recorded shows and movies onto there directly. I say this because my HDTV does have a USB slot which I use that for listening to mp3's which I saved onto the USB drive from my pc.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1154
They do have that Enas
But it has to come from a previously recorded on a hard drive to one of these playback units.

These units start at $75 USD (40G HDD)
Make sure you get one that can play MPEG-4
To meet future demand
Upload
Portable HDD function: USB 2.0 interface, windows management, be convenient for your study, work and entertainment.
Playback function: Can play av programs as Mpeg4, DVD, VCD, MP3, CD,Divx, etc. And jpg pictures.
Edit function: Can do the operations as copy, remove, rename, delete, and so on, for the files and folders in the HDD.
Large capacity: Can adopt the HDD of 20g,40g or 80g. For example: The 40g HDD can save 20,000 MP3 songs or 70 mp4 movies.
Search playback, repeat playback, a-b segment repeat playback, etc.
9-picture playback function for the picture,12 kinds of pictures playback transition effect.
Cvbs/avand VGA video output, can be connected to the TV or computer display.
Full function remote control, more convenient.
Stereo audio output.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
So your saying by plugging on of these into the USB of the tv it can tape directly from a Pansat 2700 and it can be played back on the tv?

If so which one do you recommend?

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1155
No
These are playback only (like DVD players)
You can download movies from various sites DIVX rentals or your computer using (hack utilities) or clear downloads via USB cord.

Apple MAC also got these players called i-TV $300
with their software you can download to it.

Right now the hottest electronics in the market is MP3/MP4 players along with HDTVs. Market is taking a huge shift from traditional recording to download age. It is good to take part of this transition. I will ask Admin to have a forum on MP3/MP4 players

Bronze Member
Username: Jameslee

Post Number: 37
FTALife.com is SatFox which has been busted for selling FAKE clone Viewsat receivers. hard to trust those people when all they say are lies and just to sell there crap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Oh so there are no such things as USB devices that enable you to record directly on them from FTA receiver. darn :-(

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1158
That will be called DVR

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Yeh I know what a DVR is but was just asking if there was a USB version.

Bronze Member
Username: Sitsat

Post Number: 79
Enas, is this what you are looking for? Ebay also have another ones where you can connect an external hard drive of your own to record from TV or PC and playback on both for less than $100 bucks(because you are buying your own hard drive)

here is the link. Just delete the space after ebay.

http://cgi.ebay .com/MEDIAGATE-MG-25P-USB-2-0-DIVX-PLAYER-120GB-HARD-DRIVE_W0QQitemZ190110797173 QQihZ009QQcategoryZ15055QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
it doesnt look like it can tape directly from the tv to it. Where did you find the other ones on ebay? I couldnt find them.

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us