Autoroll on or off

Bronze Member
Username: Angelo921

Post Number: 38
I read through different messages that some people are suggesting to turn off autoroll while others say to keep it on. Can someone explain the pros and cons of keeping autoroll on or off. I have the Pansat 2700 with the 203 bin and DN keys.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9451
ALL RECEIVERS REACT DIFFERENTLY, ESPECIALLY TO FIRMWARE (bins , files, etc) and signal changes ... autoroll is great feature when it works, but is also a TARGET used by DN and Bev to STOP PIRACY...autoroll when working correctly will automatically input any new KEY changes that DN and Bev put into the data/air stream signals to their subscribers, which naturally will affect FTA receivers, since a hacked FTA receiver is a copy of a subbed receiver...autoroll can also create problems and scramble your channels when used with some receivers and some software, and when being targeted by DN or Bev..there is NO black/white answer to autoroll use..

so autoroll may work well sometimes and cause U problems at other times..without using the autoroll, U can just simply avoid problems and manually input any new keys and changes (posted everywhere on the internet or use a desktop keyfinder utility program)...manual input is a 1 minute task using the remote..

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 828
Good post, LK.

Because your receiver runs computer software (your bin file), and, all software can contain bugs, autoroll can have it's quirks.

The bin software is different for every receiver. For the most part, the latest bin file will have a working autoroll feature. Sometimes a new bin is put out and it may contains bugs. NOTHING is perfect. For example, my c00lsat rolls just fine, but I do notice when it rolls because I loose my signal for about 2 seconds. Actual DN and Bev receivers do the roll instantly (otherwise subs would complain).

It all amounts to doing your research on the forums and dss sites to find out whether or not your particular bin has bugs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Thanks for the thorough explanation. Lets say autoroll was left on for the Pansat 2700a and something sent down contained a bug and some of the channels became scrambled as you mentioned, cant the new bin be manually entered afterwards and then rescan the channels or would those channels be gone for good?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 829
Bugs aren't sent down to your receiver (unless its an ECM); rather, the bug would be in your bin file.

If you have to enter keys manually, then turn off your autoroll and enter the keys.

Also, you know that your keys not are current (i.e. didn't roll) when MOST of your channels are scambled. Most channels are encrypted with a few in the clear.

If you're missing only SOME of your channels then its an autoTP problem, or something along those lines.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Jason, so are you saying by leaving autoroll on then this will automatically change the bin file thus possibly containing a bug? Would this mess up the receiver permenately?

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1706
Enas...

Leaving autoroll on means that in the event of a key change your receiver will start look for the new keys and change it....some times this guys send fake key changes, then your receiver will change to those fake keys and you will get the "scrambled or bad channel"..

By leaving autoroll off you will be sure that your receiver will not get thos fake changes, but you have to enter keys manually everytime they really change...

Autoroll can not change your bin in anyway and leaving it on will not mess your receiver, a corrupted bin or a bad download can mess up your receiver, some times permanently or sometimes you can fix it but the process may be painful....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
So if the fake keys are changed, are they changed in nagravison 2? If so I can go back in and manually put in the correct keys and be fine again?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2655
Enas Filos : The answer specific to your receiver - Pansat 2700A or clone - is that with the latest BIN you will get the keys automatically in with autoroll on, but after they have rolled in, it is best to keep autoroll off. At a next key change, turn the autoroll on and let the keys roll in again. This is because there are problems and glitches in the BIN for the 2700, which cause delays and occasional resets if the autoroll is kept on all the time. I also recommend that you keep autotp off as well, and do an occasional Blind Scan as needed - perhaps every 2-3 months.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
In the autoroll settings you can change it on or off for Keycode, Dish Network Autoroll, BEV Autoroll and GlobeCast Autoroll. Should all of them be off or just for Dish Network Autoroll?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
In the autoroll settings you can change it on or off for Keycode, Dish Network Autoroll, BEV Autoroll and GlobeCast Autoroll. Should all of them be off or just for Dish Network Autoroll?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 512
always leave keycode on, turn on/off the provider that you do/don't want to autoroll.

if only pointed to DN then the other two don't matter if on/off

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Antiscums

Millburn, NJ

Post Number: 80
thanks for what, the midget is totally confused

Bronze Member