Viewsat 2000 Platinum

Username: Berlin

California USA

Post Number: 1
Guys need little help here please.
I tried to flash my viewsat 2000 platinum but failed to run the Loader, the message was "Com Port Open Failed!" Anybody know where the problem is?

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 892
Wrong com selected, wrong cable.

Username: Berlin

California USA

Post Number: 2
Hi Eva, thanks for the reply. I use COM1 about the cable I got it from a friend. I'm not sure it's straight cable or null modem cable.

Username: Dopeyelf

Frampton, Ont Canada

The viewsat2000platinum needs a DB9 "Null cable" in order to update the bin

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny67

Post Number: 11
I am getting my viewsat platinum today, I doubt if it has any software installed to get channels, if not how do I load the latest software to free up my fta, I have a fortec that I have to order the jtag for because I did not do what eve said and wait for the reboot, so in order not to make the same mistake with my viewsat, can I get some install for dummies help, such as what loader to use and how to load the file for the viewsat, which is the right bin? Any and all help for this newbie will do, thanks in advance.

Username: Mony

I need Help... I bought a new Viewsat extreme...But I can not upload the new *.PGM...
When I upload I have to turn on the viewsat (from the back) as the Loader2.0 trying to load. Then it loads and viewsat says finished.. Then if I turn it off and on I get nothing on my TV and just three lines on the viewsat. Then I need to reload on og the Factory *.pgm (from March 2006) Then it works...But I do not get half the channels...I can not set my clock also... Is there a fix.

Thanks in Advance
Mony

Username: Jose21

MIAMI, FLORIDA MIAMI

Post Number: 5
i need help.. please do somebody knows were i can find the new bin for Viewsat extreme and which is the right bin. thanks. Upload

Username: Googa

Eva, I tried quite some ways to update the bin. I have a ViewSat 2000 Platinum. Have the loader2 file. Have the 060607B_PGM file. Connected my laptops com3 port to the receiver using a null modem. It starts the file upload from the pc. But just never progresses. Keeps telling me "Resending ZRQINIT ..." 0%. I even reset the receiver to factory settings. Still no luck. Any advice?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3437
sounds like the wrong cable or comport..

Username: Outlooker202

Googs Man ,

start loader2
power viewsat via (switch on the back)

and go do something for about 1 min come and it enjoy tv

LK - I am using a DB9 Null Modem/Serial cable. When I start Loader2, for com1 it shows error. But com3, it connects. Should it matter if it is com1 or com3?

Outlooker202 - Thanks man. Followed your advice. Unfortunately it ended in error.

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 125
Googs Man sounds like a bad cable.

Post Number: 3
LK, Outlooker202, Grim ----- THANK YOU for your advice. It was a bad port. I used my old PC and the com port on that machine worked.

This was my first flash for the Viewsat and it felt good when the channels came online.

Thank you guys/gals....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us