Getting a humming noise from the SUBWOOFER when LFE is turned on. Why??

Ilker.A
Hi guy's, i have an Mission ms10 Sub connected to my Denon 1804 avr. I just recently purchased the whole system. Now when i swith on the LFE on the sub i get a buzzing or like a humming noise coming from the sub, why is that? But when i turn off the LFE it goes away. What is the reason for this.

The LFE on the receiver is set 0 for movies and -10 for music. But i still get that noise when it is turned on. Any info would be great.

rosebudd
Ilker,

It sounds like you may have a grounding problem, monster cable and other companies offer a clean power strip that is for a subwoofer in general, it has a filter inside which may get rid of your problem. I would doubt the recv. or subwoofer are the problem, although if the lfe enhances the signal your problem may still be present; however, not as noticeable due to the attenuation of the signal. Anyway, try the monster filter, if it doesn't fix the problem should be able to return it. I know my store would allow you to return it, check policies in your area. L8R

Ilkwe. A
Thanks for the advice rosebudd. Right now i was using AR cables. I will try the monsters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us