Archive through December 12, 2005

Knows For Sure
Unregistered guest
Patrolman is not a policeman and it is against the law to represent yourself as a cop when you're not. He is just a RETAIL sales guy that doesn't want anyone to get a good deal.

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
KnowsForSure,
In point of fact, I am a cop. I have no interest in retail sales of any product, and generally do not care where anyone buys anything. It affects me, however, when people flag me down and tell me they want to file a report. All of the people who have posted above feel that they have been screwed, and I am the one who has to deal with their complaints in the end.

My purpose here has been to inform and to drop a line for the guys working my area. I have not received any complaints since, so I guess they have moved on. Good. My work is done.

-Your friendly neighborhood patrolman

Knows For Sure
Unregistered guest
I still say you're not my friendly neighborhood patrolman and I don't believe that you've been flagged down by anybody except maybe somebody offering you a better deal than you can give in return and yes, you sure are interested in retail sales. You're just jealous because you're having to work 40 hours a week to pay your bills.

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
Believe me, I work well over 40 hours a week. But I do it because I love it. And because it is decent and honorable and I can take people off the street who would prey on others. And I can go home at the end of the day knowing that my area is better off and that I don't spend my day hustling people on the street.

Believe what you like, I have said all that I need to. If you want to keep trying to mislead people into thinking I am a competitor to you, so be it.

-Your friendly neighborhood patrolman

Anonymous

They tried to scam my son a while back in northeast Ohio. White van, Pa. plates, three guys, extra speakers, just wanted to make a few bucks. Well, I told them that I didn't have the cash, neede to go to the atm. I loade up the speakers, two systems and the one guy rode with me to the ATM. I could tell that he didn't have a weapon on him and my .40 sig was hidden and readily available. The white guys in the van tried to follow me, but I lost them. I drove this scumbag 20 miles north and dropped him off in BFE! I said you seem awful nervous. I told him by bank was ten miles up the road, but as we continued into no mans land he got real nervous. I told him that you shouldn't get in a vehicle with a stranger. I dropped him off two miles from the nearest farm house and told him if I saw him again, he had better run fast! The free speakers work quite well! To the scammers, well hope to meet some new ones soon! LOL

Unregistered guest
I got screwed, but what can i say. they pulled it good on me. i have no hard feelings about it. i give them credit for being good at what they do, the book got me. well to all the friends who got screwed good luck and watch out from now on. watch your back they in Reno Nevada.

skeimer
Unregistered guest
Yeah.
Reno, Nevada. Over at bank of america in NW. I'm going to check with the police on what I can do about this. I assume they will be no help. I got their license plate, and I'm having it looked up so that I can go to their illegitimate place of business and ask for a refund. Considering suing. These fellas are in their 20s. Perhaps the bank has camera recording of their vehicle and the fellow who stepped out of the car to accept the money.

TRIPLESET
Unregistered guest
YEAH SKEIMER MAYBE THEY DO....................................................................DOOFUS

Anonymous

The con was alive and well in Woodsfield,Ohio on 9/13/05. They were visiting car washes.
Driving a white cargo van with PA plates. Driver has black hair with mid-back length ponytail. Passenger is typical laid back goodguy! They purport to be from Pittsburgh area. From what I observed... they were very smooth opeators!

PA Scammers Info
Unregistered guest
I was scammed also... $250 but at least they work, who knows for how long though. I was smart enough to get a copy of the one guy's driver's license when I went into the bank for the money. I was scammed in HAZLETON, PA but the guy's address on the license is for outside the Philadelphia, PA area in a suburb called Levittown. Here is the address for anybody who wants to harass or investigate for yourself. If you find the guy let me know as I will make a special drive to come down and "visit" him. I also have a cousin in that area who is a police officer so I have him check into this guy as well to see what I can discover.

Scammer's info:

John J Mehaffey Jr.
51 Whitewood Drive
Levittown, PA 19057

He is white, male, 6'01", hazel eyes and his date of birth is 05/03/1967.

He had a black goatee and short hair wearing a baseball cap. He was in the white U-Haul van PA license # YNJ4501 and same story as everybody else.

If you are successful because of my information then please help me to get my money back also and send me an e-mail to: cheftom1@gmail.com .

Good luck and Good Hunting!

Jipped
Unregistered guest
It happened to me today. The speakers and sub works, but the mother f*ckers got 200 outta me, I wouldn't pay beer. I'm a f*cking college student that gets robbed by two lowlife early-twenties b*stards.

SPEAKERMAN CA
Unregistered guest
hey PA scammer info, your a f*ckin idiot man, you got SOLD not scammed..you went into the bank and got money so shut the f*ck up...you people that say ohh imm gonna "visit" him make me sick, i love taking your money cuz your all FISH....STFO

Anonymous

i'm over 50 and remember this scam from when I was working gas stations! dude pulls in and trys the 'overstock' or 'need 2 sets and have 3' line. Didn't fall then....not now, either. Anything like this that SOUNDS too good to be true, undoubtedly IS ...........

speakerman101
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com
"your friendly, full-service street hustle"

xspeakerdude..
Unregistered guest
When will you sorry, whiny people learn? IT ISN"T A SCAM! I used to work for a company who did this and I can tell you it's not a scam. What is the definition of a scam? Probaly a scheme that leaves you w/out merchandise or faulty merchandise that isn't what was agreed upon. These speaker companies buy mass amounts of speakers at wholesale prices and then sell them for a profit. How is that any different than what your local sound company does? The only difference is the employees get all the profit after paying their costs (business liscenses, sales tax, gas product etc.)vs. the business that pays some1 7$ an hour to pedal their goods. As for you people who are like it's a scam so I robbed them or cancelled the check, you are the most hypocritical fu.ckers I have ever seen. You are the scam artists, the low life scum not the people trying to feed their family while working all day at a tough profession. If you guys wouldn't bash these guys all the time, maybe you could stop and appreciate the great deal you got instead of pissin and moaning. Go buy an overpriced pair of BOSE so that you can sleep better at night knowing you contributed to the big business and made a billionaire a little wealthier. By the way the systems I bought while I worked there are great and still work perfectly, and I probaly paid more than you whiny bitc.hes who get hooked up when someone is havin a slow day.....GL speaker men STFO

don_tavaro
Unregistered guest
For xspeakerdude..:
Hahahaha, you have it so f'd up. When a store sells a product, it is what they claim (high quality, name brand). When a dirtbag in a van sells it they lie about the quality and name, thus lying to you, thus ripping you off. when you think your getting one product - and end up with a diffrent, lower quality one - this is a rip off.
xspeakerdude.. is obviously working with the company and a con artist. ... you su.ck!

Anonymous

I bought a pair of the Theater Logic T2450 from the same guys in the white van in Grand Prairie, TX for $300 and bear money. The ad they showed was the selling point. The speakers work, so I'm not that pissed. I learned a lesson.. and moved on.

SPEAKERGOD
Unregistered guest
NO ONE IS THIS ROOM HAS BEEN SCAMMED!!!! YOU ALLOWED YOUR GREED TO GET THE BEST OF YOU BY PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE TRAINED TO BRING THIS SIDE OF YOU TO THE SURFACE. QUIT CRYING!! BE HAPPY THEY WORKED!! DID YOU REALLY BELIEVE THEY WERE WORTH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS? ARE YOU THAT NAIVE? THEY'RE SPEAKERS! WHAT DOES A $4000 PAIR OF SPEAKERS EVEN LOOK LIKE? IF YOU MUST COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING...LOOK INTO SUCH "LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES" AS TOBACCO, "GAMING," ALCOHOL, ETC. THERE ARE REAL SCAMS ALL AROUND YOU. HOW ABOUT THAT BIGMAC IN YOUR HAND THAT IS GOING TO CAUSE THE HEART ATTACK THAT KILLS YOU AT 50 AND LEAVES YOUR CHILDREN FATHERLESS? GROW UP PEOPLE!
FACE THE FACTS..THE REAL REASON YOURE EXPERIENCING BUYERS REMORSE IS THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A COUPLE OF NAIVE DELIVERY DRIVERS WHEN IF FACT THEY TOOK YOU.
ONCE AGAIN BE HAPPY YOU GOT A WORKING SPEAKER..ITS MORE THAN YOU DESERVE.
S.T.F.O FELLOW SPEAKERMEN

Anonymous

This con is currently being run in the Dallas area. 2-4 guys, unmarked white Chevy Express van Texas license plate 052-FDB, selling Kirsch Prodigy K803 tower speakers.

Username: Photothrowjoe

Post Number: 1
Just had the white van two guys routine at a local gas station about an hour ago. I live in New Martinsville, WV and scams aren't that common around here. They asked me several times and I told them no each time. They finally left me alone. They had a white van with Avalon Distributing painted on the door. This seems like it's a nationwide scam according to the boards. I could see buying actual name brand speakers for cheap and thinking you got a good deal, but no name junk? Even 50 bucks is way too much for that crap. Save your money and buy something worthwhile. If everyone in this country wasn't obsessed with "great deals" and having high def and surround sound to listen to their crappy music that gets spewed from the toliet everday then we wouldn't have as many problems. For the people complaining, yeah it sucks, but you were a dip for falling for it anyway. Also, for the guys coming on here claiming to be those guys or ex-cons who did this gig, it is a scam and it is crap. You wouldn't be on here being so defensive if it wasn't. If people used their brains a little more the world would be a much better place.

Unregistered guest
To Speakergod and all the others saying that their speakers "work."

A lot of your products have bad impedence curves at the very the least. This means that it's actually risky to run these things on an amplifier as you can risk damage whenever the curve dips below the amp's tolerance. Some impedence dips are known to go below 2 ohms during operation, which is bad.

Other problems include highly resonant cases, lack of internal insulation, undersized drivers, insignificant and improperly configured crossover networks, and inadequate wiring.

Justify your actions and products all you want by trying to sidestep the problem by complaining about the immorals of "legitimate businesses," but this still doesn't change the fact that you and your brethren are peddling junk that's not worth more than $50.

While the greed of others is part of the problem, it's still disturbing to see how people like you enjoy getting off on other people. What's more is that people like you have been known to coerce or even visciously attack those who decide not to buy. Some of you guys have tried to violently force a sale by hurting your prospective buyers and damaging their vehicles.

I am happy to say that I have never bought any garbage from people like you because I am aware of the products you sell, as well as hi-fi in general. If any of you guys come my way with the line "You won't believe this ...," Then I'll simply say that you're right, I don't believe it. I'll just walk away.

And, if any of you guys attempt to come after me to try and inflict harm, then I'll also put my marksmanship and my Beretta to good use. - Reinhart

Paul43
Unregistered guest
Paid 250 in New Castle, Pa. They work fine right now and actually sound pretty good. But thats right now. Had no idea it was a scam. Two other buddies with me luckally couldn't scratch up enough cash. White Van, Two white guys, Got licience plate and will be watching. They have no idea, and what a risky business in this area.

Paul43
Unregistered guest
hey anybody know how to atach any thing that can be used for volume control on the theater logic L8 5.1 system. The volume controls are on the back of the bass unit and I would like to use a remote off of a DVD or reciever etc.

bobb looney
Unregistered guest
dear mr reality, you're a fagg. you were entertained by this post for who knows how long and now talking dung to everyone and you say they need to grow up? i'd like you to show me how you'd man up and do something to anyone you had a problem with. try me you little worm. 901.489.6090. p.s. i didnt get the speakers either but your momma would have if i woulda offered her some

white lex
Unregistered guest
i'd love to see the guys again that got me, and wish more than anything they would have tried to coerce me or threaten to harm me. would have saved the money, taken theirs, and beat the hell out of both of them of them their as5es. pray i see you two goobers again. memphis

DFW area
Unregistered guest
I got sold in Dallas today by three guys in a white van but actually enjoyed the sound of the Kirsch Prodigy K803 speakers. I am, however, worried about possible damage to my Yamaha amp, so I will sell them and move on. If you guys are listening and want to sell this pair of speakers again, I am willing to sell them back to you at your warehouse's cost. I am the one who had the baby seat in the back seat of the car, said I was moving, etc. I appreciated your enthusiasm and hold no grudges. The ad in HDTV magazine was the only deceptive move you made. Please post a message and I will set up a temporary email address, so I won't get harassed by the listeners.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"dear mr reality, you're a fagg. you were entertained by this post for who knows how long and now talking dung to everyone and you say they need to grow up? i'd like you to show me how you'd man up and do something to anyone you had a problem with. try me you little worm. 901.489.6090. p.s. i didnt get the speakers either but your momma would have if i woulda offered her some"

And just who in the world is "Mr. Reality?"

Whether or not the message is addressed to me, I am totally unimpressed with your overly childish banter. And, I don't think anyone else with any intelligence is impressed with you either, Bobb Looney.

As for trying someone, I do not start altercations. But, I will finish them. - Reinhart

Sucker? Maybe.
Unregistered guest
Well, I met up with two of these guys today, got taken for $400. They laid their rap on me and I didn't buy it, but said I'll still buy some speakers because I happen to have recently come into some extra money. Now my wife is talking about leaving me.

So I'll say this. I'm an Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran with psychological problems in my record book, a history of violence, and a brother who works for the FBI.
White van, Avalon Distributing, at the Beaver Valley Mall in Monaca, PA. Got your plates. See you soon. And your girlfriend.

But the real thing to concentrate on isn't getting our money back or making ourselves feel better with threats. It's getting the word out to as many people as possible so they know better. Like one guy said in an old post, this scam has been around for 10 years and it's still going strong.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"But the real thing to concentrate on isn't getting our money back or making ourselves feel better with threats. It's getting the word out to as many people as possible so they know better. Like one guy said in an old post, this scam has been around for 10 years and it's still going strong."

That's exactly the point. Informing people is the best way. But, there's a very long way to go as there are a lot of people still in the dark.

As for attacks against customers, read a few testimonials at Scamshield.com. - Reinhart

Username: Live2ride

Ok, I understand the whole scam, my buddy fell for it a few months ago. After stopping him from smashing the home theater system i convinced him into giving it to me, i gave him the ole out of site, out of mind BS. Anyway, i have the system in my possesion but it doesn't have the manual, has any one tried hooking it up? If so, can anyone shed some light on how i might go about hooking it up. The system is a TR-502. I at least want to try it out and if it sucks that bad, i can do the honors of smashing it with a sledge.

Thanks!

Sleepwellatnight?
Unregistered guest
Hey Speaker Sam.... what about the poor guy that would like to afford the BNW and Mercedes tastes but can't. I guess you do not go to the guy driving a Yugo. It is the fact that you mislead people. A friend called me (at least he had that much sense) and said he was approached over by St. Joe's University where he was getting students. I guess they are rich living off of canned goods. Sleep well at night. It will come back to you and I know that.

Great ___scam___lol
Unregistered guest
Actually.... it is pretty funny reading these posts. My bud bought some and I did the research. What they do, it not against the law in certain states, that is why they continue to do it.

The sales men are listed by addresses, numbers, license plates, etc.... still at it. They make you all feel that what they do is okay to fight big business. They are just getting money from the rich and playing Robin Hood. They all brag about their cars and houses which makes them part of what they want to fight... and they all end up paying someone for their days worth of work. No big deal since they "make theirs".

Hahaaha.

The people buying cry about being scammed. Everyone of them thinks they are getting a deal while someone else is selling the stolen goods. Every post states they want to mame and kill the people that sold them the goods. No one ever gets retribution. It is great.

It is actually a good read!

usedCarSalesss
Unregistered guest
I have a car that sells for $5000 that was a one owner old widow, so you know it is in good shape.

The scam is called business and everyone gets an invoice to protect tham. It is such a nasty business though.

Actual Ad!!!!!
Unregistered guest
Here is one of their ads in the paper!
-------------
Rock & Roll company seeks cool, motivated individuals. Start immeditaely distributing Kirsch audio products. $600-$1200 weekly plus bonus.
Call: Tom, 724-695-3414. Avalon Distributors Inc.
-------------
This was in the Beaver times.

Scamshield.com
Unregistered guest
REad more on www.scamshield.com. Ironically, it is the major threat. It is even higher than hurricane scams!

Oh! And the speakers do blow up if played too loud. Try it and laugh. They are disposible products. Here is a great post from Scanshield about the NE distributor!
----------------
hello again,
please read this to inform yourselfs on what is REALLY going on, i used to work for JOHN MeHAFFEY (avalon dist.,t&m enter.,kelfi dist.,crown dist.,jam enter.,jam audio.,r.d.i. distr.and omni audio) they are all run by the same two guys, turk and jimmy. john mehaffey is there little motivational SPEAKER, yes they have offices all over the n.e. part of the u.s. (and they are not the only ones who do this) they are required to give receipts only because turk went to jail for tax evasion.

Anyway i write to inform you because i feel i owe it to those who have trusted me giving me their money for speakers w/o knowing my last name (not bragging) every one who works for these companies are being sold harder than the people who buy the speakers. these companies prey on 18-28 year old drop outs (me included) and sell them broken promises and wasted time. those who work there know you pay in 250.00 per set right. well they paybetween 65 to 100.00 per set you are being sold every time you jump in their van. think about it.

i am now 26 and wasted a good part of my twenty's believing the hype. i was the ultimate ("duck") believing all the b.s. and now wondering what the hell happened. tainted with a dream that wont come true and i can't seem to wake up from.

if you need to sell speakers (because you ve been wrapped into a company like this for so long you think it is the only way to make real money). buy a cheap van, a business lic. and 3-4 sets go to office depot and get invioces print letterheads on your comp. and call 1-909-930-0028 or1-714-894-5888. it is what i did

honestly i still sell speakers for myself i am what some call an independent. so i am no better than i was 6 years ago, i now feel my consciense is starting to catch up with me.

i dont regret the decisions ive made. i do regret being naive for so long (i know i sound like a hypocrite i am stuck in a bind with a family i need to support) i want everyone to know what i do now and if you dont care (fellow speakermen) one day sooner or later ....you will.

p.s. john mehaffey is the lowest form of scum on earth keep selling the dream john ... i hope for everyones sake someone rips out your vocal cords.

after six years i finally woke up.

murph

Scamshield.com
Unregistered guest
More on John from the previous post! He obviously still sells the product too! You have to love a guy that still practices what he preaches. Go peddle your crap in South Philly John. I am sure I have some friends here that would like to collect.

John J Mehaffey Jr.
51 Whitewood Drive
Levittown, PA 19057

He is white, male, 6'01", hazel eyes and his date of birth is 05/03/1967.

PA Attorney General
Unregistered guest
GET YOUR MONEY BACK IN PHILLY!!!!!
Product or Service Involved: Dahlton

This is to inform everyone that you can & will get your money back if you do the following. ... Once scammed, I believe they give you a receipt with the speakers. If so, it has the company info on it. Like T&M Enterprises (the receipt I got). I contacted the Attorney Generals office of their state (happened to be PA) & filled out the necessary form. The AG sent me a letter saying they would look into it. Then I guess they sent them a letter too saying that the consumer was not happy & requested a refund. .. The president (John 215-266-3356) called me back & said that they would return my money if I brought the speakers in on such & such date & time. .. I did & they wrote me a check. I went to their bank (Citizens) & it cleared. I then contacted the AG & told them everything was completed.

But in your description to the AG note that you signed the receipt where it says you want a refund the same day you were sold the speakers on the side of the road & faxed it in to the company. Because you have 3 days from the time you purchase to return them. But also note that noone answers the phone number on the receipt and when you goto the address on the receipt there is noone there & it looks like a warehouse. .. All you want is your money back but these people will not contact you back. Note that you leave messages & fax them daily trying to get in touch with someone about returning them. ... ... Once the AG contacts the scammers, they will call you back! .. It took about a month, but I got my Grand back.

PHILADELPHIA AREA VICTIMS
Unregistered guest
INFORMATION ON PHILLY DISTRIBUTOR AS OF 9/30/2005:

INFORMATION ON THE PHILADELPHIA AREA CREW (and Pittsburg relation):
This information was also submitted to channels 3, 6, 10, 29; Pennsylvania Attorney's office; Internal Revenue Service; ScamSheild; and better business bureau.

Note: It is not the direct marketing scheme that angers people; it is the fraudulent and deceptive way you do it. People know the value of their money but the value of your product is misrepresented in the presentation and that is the truth. They actually cover themselves legally with the way they do business with you. It is important that you take action in the first 3 days of the purchase, or it can get sticky. All of the following information is to help people. If dealing with any individual from these businesses, please be careful since they have several postings where they threaten harm to individuals in their sales techniques and when returning goods.

IMPORTANT: If you get sold these goods, you have ONLY THREE business days to refund get your money back. It is a law in Pennsylvania, and most states. YOU WILL GET A MESSAGE IN MOST CASES, SO FOR YOUR LEGAL RIGHT DOCUMENT (note times, dates of calls; record messages, etc...) YOUR CALLS TO THE COMPANY. If you contact him and there is a couple days left out of your three he'll say come down next week so he can shaft you.

Address they give as their office on paperwork:
Avalon Distributions
875 Pennsylvania Blvd. Unit 8
Feasterville, PA 19053
Phone 215 357-4752
Fax 215 357-4753

Official address of business in Phila. Area:
T & M Distibutors (a.k.a. Kelfi Distributors, Crown Audio, American Sound Systems)
5903 Emilie Road
Levittown, PA 19057
Corner of Green Lane and Emilie Road.
Phone: (215) 949-8801
Fax: (215) 949-8802
Also gives 47 Coles Road, Unit 1, Blackwood, NJ 08012 and 1400 Adams Road, Bensalem, PA 19020 (see below because this is huge obviously)

John's mailing address and home information:
John J Mehaffey Jr.
51 Whitewood Drive
Levittown, PA 19057
cell 215-266-3356
white, male, 6'01", hazel eyes (cross eyed) and his date of birth is 05/03/1967
Do not get violent with this man because he brags about carrying and "equalizer" for protection. He spawned 8 separate companies from this one.

Employee 1: Erik A.K.A. "Opie"
Sales Manager
T & M Enterprise, Inc.

Employee 2: Dominic at 215-570-1520

There are 4 vans that appear to hit the Philly area:
White Van 1 marked with Avalon Distributions, PA YKY-4084
White Van 2 - 2000 to 2003 White Chevy Express Van, PA YNF-2739
White Van 3 - PA YPH-0118
White Van 4 - PA YJN-4053
There also are posts of vans from Texas

The Pittsburgh location is:
Avalon Distributors
307 High Tech Drive
OAKDALE, PA 15071
Sean Haugh appears to be in charge here

------------------
Here is a list of known distribution hubs (also 2 places in Pittsburgh, one in Philly, one in Chicago, and one in Dallas area):
NOTE: These are the centers they buy their product from and may not be directly connected to the fraud.
# 1:
TriState SounDivision
Serving NJ, PA, and DE
601 E. Pennsylvania Blvd.
Feasterville, PA 19053
Phone: (215) 364-0175
Fax: (215) 364-0176

# 2:
JAM Enterprises
726 Pennsylvania Avenue
Southhampton, PA 18966

# 3:
Jam Enterprises
1400 Adams Road
Bensalem, PA 19020
Phone: (215) 244-6847

# 4:
SounDivision, North New Jersey
47 Coles Rd, Unit 1
Blackwood, NJ 08012
Phone: (856) 228-0100
Fax: (856) 228-0400

-----
Here is a copy of their employment Ad in the paper:
Rock & Roll company seeks cool, motivated individuals. Start immeditaely distributing Kirsch audio products. $600-$1200 weekly plus bonus.
Call: Tom, 724-695-3414. Avalon Distributors Inc.

Web ad:
Date Posted: 11-28-2004
Job Description
Description: AUDIO SALES $500-$1000 WKLY We want motivated people. Co. car, rapid advancement. No experience necessary. 215-364-0175
----------------

PHILADELPHIA AREA VICTIMS
Unregistered guest
MORE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR PA "CUSTOMERS" AND AN INSIGHTFUL LOOK INTO ONE OF THEIR "SALESMEN"- Enjoy!
-------------
Thanks Adam D. from Scamsheild, you can even call one of their moms!

mahaffey # 215-266-3356 and verified that he's in the philadelphia office.
he verified the pittsburgh office manager is sean, here's the following info for avalon distributors...
Product or Service Involved: avalon distributors

Hey guys I did a little skip trace work. The telephone listing of avalon distributors lead to:
Avalon Distributors
724-695-3414

Business Owner
Dave James
107 Bayberry Dr
Sarver PA 16055
Spoke with business owner mother at tel# 724-294-3032 and confirmed he is the business owner.

All information is given in reference for legal pursuit.

The given contact information is assumed to be correct and should be verified.
----------------
Here is James and his life....
Ok people heres the deal. I was a "speakerman" for 5 yrs being all over the country. There aint nothin illegal about it and it sure as hell aint no scam. Its called direct sales. Nothin you buy in the store is worth what you pay for it. from manufacture-warehousing-store, the price gets jacked up along the way for each person to make his profit. If you got expendible cash and your greedy, you're gonna pay $1000 for the set. If you still got more cash, I'm gonna double-set $1500 ya. We play off of YOUR greed. YOU wanted the deal. Why did you pull over? Cause your life is miserable and you want to be part of something exciting. Its the excitement and the thrill of the kill that makes you pull over. If I notice something your wearing, in your car, on your car that I can relate to, I'm gonna become your friend....or so you think. Build a trust. I got a $200,000 house thats paid for and 3 corvettes, all paid for in cash. Thank you for being greedy and allowing me to retire and travel the world at the age of 32. To all speakermen around the country....SELL OUT

OneBornEveryMinute
Unregistered guest
I just bought a pair of Prodigy K803s for 200 bucks. Dallas area Home Depot. Blonde surfer looking guy with a big honking diamond ear ring. White Chevy van. One speaker runs at four ohms, the other tests in at eight ohms. Im dumber than a gorilla after a bong hit for buying this scam. Im not blaming the speaker man, it was my own fault. Having said that, I still hope the speaker man gets to spend eternity with the devil shoving coconuts up his butt.

DFW area
Unregistered guest
Any info on the Dallas operation? I feel the same way, OneBornEveryMinute.

DFW area
Unregistered guest
A found the big honking diamond ear ring. From a web posting:

Product or Service Involved: Kirsch

Thanks to all who posted the address of Empire Distributors. My brother was scamed for $280 using the same MO as described. Thanks to your posts I found the address and he was able to obtain a refund of his money without any trouble at all.

As a matter of fact he said they were actually pretty nice about it except for the guy who did most of the talking the day he got scammmed who seems pretty pissed that he showed up. Even then the guy was honest about how much my brother had paid when the owner asked (which was good since he did not have a receipt) and the money was quickly refunded without any questions asked.

He said he plugged one of the speakers in (Kirsch) and they were not bad for what he paid for them. Had the guy been honest and not tried to make out that the speakers were worth $3100 he probably would have kept them and thought he got a pretty good deal at least until they crapped out.

If anyone from Empire reads this I hope this is a lesson to you. Clean up your act a little more and you could probably make a pretty decent profit as a legitimate business selling these speakers.

Empire Distributors

11126 Shady Trail #115
Dallas, Tx 75229
469-522-7444

www.scamshield.com

barefoot422
Unregistered guest
Everything that you guys posted about james is totally wrong. I would like to see someone actually prove that what was written was what really came out of his mouth... because you cant. Plagerism (sp) is a bi_tch also, so watch what you guys toy with if you are attempting to motion that in a legal setting. He doesnt live in sarver, he doesnt have a 300 stack house and he doesnt own 3 corvettes...he only has one.

And, what, we are calling parents now? If that isnt some high school pus_sy shi_t i dont know what is. Just make sure you guys keep it anonymous if your gonna post a bunch of personal information on a public forum. But then again, you were sMART enough to buy some home audio out of a van only to make a few hunred more off of EBAY,so i shouldn't have to tell you this...RIGHT??

Unregistered guest
"Everything that you guys posted about james is totally wrong. I would like to see someone actually prove that what was written was what really came out of his mouth... because you cant. Plagerism (sp) is a bi_tch also, so watch what you guys toy with if you are attempting to motion that in a legal setting."

I believe the correct word is "perjury."

Plagiarism (not "plagerism") is copying a work verbatim and wrongfully claiming it as your own. It does not mean filing a false accusation under oath.

"He doesnt live in sarver, he doesnt have a 300 stack house and he doesnt own 3 corvettes...he only has one."

So far, unless any side can be proven in this case, it's all hearsay.

But how did he come into possession of that one Corvette, anyways?

"And, what, we are calling parents now? If that isnt some high school pus_sy shi_t i dont know what is."

Now, I tend to agree that this is just simply below the belt as well, referring the situation to the seller's parents.

But, at least you could have voiced your opinion without the explicit language.

"But then again, you were sMART enough to buy some home audio out of a van only to make a few hunred more off of EBAY,so i shouldn't have to tell you this...RIGHT??"

That's IF you can even sell the stuff on eBay.

Some people might place bids, but others will no doubt surf the net first to research the possible choice and find out that the speakers being sold are ripoffs and will not place a bid.

Using eBay means that you also have immediate access to the internet to learn about bogus white van speakers before placing the bid. The buyer will likely not have this benefit on the street. - Reinhart

Disappointed
Unregistered guest
Hello everybody, did not realize this was such a big scam. two guys in a white van just sold me a pair of theater logic speakers, I just set them up,have a bad static noise in them, also showed me how much they were in a magazine,they are currently in Howell,new jersey. Shame on me!

scott846
Unregistered guest
I just got hit up yesterday in santa clarita CA by a crazy mexican and a big white guy. they said that they worked for "global audio" and somebody ordered too many speakers. He busted out a nice catalog that had the theater logic t-2450s priced at $2,799 at first he wanted 1000 and then 800 he said it would be nice to get a dollar a watt. I ended up paying 500 f#ckin dollars for them and when i got home they dont even f#ckin work!!! im just gonna screw someone on ebay!!! I'm not too worried thought because those faggets are going to rot in HELL!!!

Anonymous

Same audio scam that made the rounds in the late 80's Got marked in all places a Walmat parking lot here in Kzoo area Michigan. No sale I knew it was crap but gave the Walmart greeter a heads up and sure enough when I leftthe store Portage Mi. cops had them jacked up, one in cuffs and one in the backseat. Guess they had some weed or something along with those junk speakers LOL

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
In the case of Wal-Mart, it was probably because Wal-Mart policy, like any other retail store, does not grant an invitation to people who are not employees or customers of their stores. However, Wal-Mart staff would have to warn the offenders first before calling the authorities.

It is probably likely that the speaker sellers did not take the warning seriously and were, therefore, charged with trespassing.

Another possibility is that either one or both of the individuals had fake identification, which is illegal.

And, of course, if any of the offenders had anything on them or had outstanding warrants, those reasons would also put them into chain-linked braclets. - Reinhart

Bill Hartnett
Unregistered guest
Ebay AD on 8 Oct 2005 "Kirsch 105 Home Cinema
5.1 Better than Bose, JBL, Kenwood MSRP $3299 NO RESERVE" allegedly goods in Plano TX.
This is an Ebay number 581666207 sale expiring on
9 Oct 05 at 1800PDT

Klipsch is an audio company that MAY be considered better than BOSE, JBL or Kenwood NOT KIRSCH

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Another knockoff name, eh?

Klipsch versus Kirsch.

Then there's Paradigm versus Paradyme.
Dahlquist versus Dahlton
Wharfedale versus Grafdale

And a few more.

As for Bose, almost anything is better than Bose, except those white van speakers.

JBL, on the other hand, actually makes decent speakers, and are obviously better than that Kirsch trash.

Kenwood, however, hasn't made decent audio equipment in years. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
If you guys want to see what kind of people these white van speaker salesmen are, check this forum out.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/15757.html

- Reinhart

joe bobaluski
Unregistered guest
o boy i think mines the best yet.. ok so im driving along HIGHWAY and these 2 guys in a white explorer roll down their window and start yelling at me. I roll down mine and all i hear is FREE speakers. well i figured either i was going to get mugged or they where going to sell me some cheap stolen speakers. well as we are yelling back and forth at 45 mph. i pull over into a parking lot. bla bla.. extra set.. hates their boss.. and wants beer so i get two T2400s for 200 bucks +20 for beer, lol wow.

sshl3
Unregistered guest
so you speakerguys are now preying on hurricane katrina victims who have lost everything. I was hit up in Baton Rouge LA today and I had lost everything in the flood and I am just trying to get my life back to normal and replace the stuff I lost. I guess you really cant trust anyone these days no matter how legit it sounds

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
In a way, I can relate to what you went through somewhat as we were affected by the hurricanes of 2004.

But, even though we've been through three hurricanes here, what we went through doesn't come close to what you had to face in Louisiana.

I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope and pray that you can get back on your feet.

Take care. - Reinhart

Anonymous

not a bad scam at all, if it wasnt for the high prices listed in the magazine i wouldn't have even bought a set...oh well, i just sold them to someone else for what i paid so its all good...however the next time one of these speakermen approach me, they will be going for a ride to the ATM thinking their gonna make some quick cash, the only thing they will get is a bullet in their kneecap and they'll have to walk back to there vehicle full of speakers...be warned, i could be the next person you try to sell for all you know

damnit
Unregistered guest
hahahah same stories fellas- gas station, sacramento right by the university... n e way to get money back would be good... open to suggestions

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"hahahah same stories fellas- gas station, sacramento right by the university... n e way to get money back would be good... open to suggestions"

Check out www.scamshield.com for any reports that may have been submitted in your area. There might have been a victim who found the sellers in the Sacramento area and was able to secure a refund. People who find where the sellers are typically post the address and the phone number of the base of operations for that particular territory.

Another thing you could do is hang around the area, or within the vicinity, that the speaker guys got you. - Reinhart

cella dwella 420
Unregistered guest
I used to work for avalon distribution. those guys are f**king sh+t suckers! I got sold the same bullshit and the promise of easy money. when i couldn't sell speakers, i got canned. best thing to happen to me cuz I nearly got arrested in Ohio for it. F*ck Sean P. Haugh that scum sucking f***ot! I'll say sh*t on al of you!

Username: Vdz415

i got scammed ! but i got the last laugh! so i was perparing to go workout and i bump into this van with 3 white young mens about 20-26 years old. so they asked if i needed a top of the line entertainment system. for my dumass always looking for deals to to make a profit. jump on it , but not right a way. they offered 800 saying that they had a extra load that they had to deliever. and they had to get rid of it quik. they even had a HDTV Magazine that had the speakers in the magazine saying these speakers were #1 and such and such. so i told i didnt have that much money on me but 100 bucks or less... so i told them to hang on for a couple minutes , so i went to my car to go on the net from my phone and did a google on the speakers which was an MTS BRAND MODEL 3100 Speakers with a DVD PLAYER.
so i saw all theese reviews from the headings ( Which was fake ones from people selling them online ) so i thought it was legit. but my something was telling me this was right ..
the guy came up to my window and said his friend was going to get mad at him , but he can sell it for 350 and i told him 300 is the only cash access i can go get right now from a atm near by ,
so we went to the atm, and i did the transcation.. and i still gotten that feeling that something wasn't right.... i made sure i was getting a brick in the box and that it was the same speakers in the magazine, so i paid 300 thinking i can make a profit with it.. i also memirize there license plate and the car model , cause something just seem fishy. so next thing i know i got back into the van and i look to the back.. and notice how the box had a made in the u.s.a sign.. so i thought to my self that. must good quality speakers aren't made in the u.s.a, so i went back to my browser.. and i found this
http://www.craigslist.org/sby/ele/104742154.html

so next thing i know i was furious mad!! called the cops made up some bull SSit that some that i was rip off and theese guys ran off with my money. so the cops came and told me theres nothing i can do about it, they also pulled over a white van which wasn;t them.. so i left and went back to the spot i was suppose to work out at. so at the time, i didnt feel like working out anymore till i find them and drove off and next thing you know a across from the parking lot i see them fo kers again so i drive right in front of there car to block them from escapin from me. and they looked happy to see me like they thought i was going to buy some more!
i told them to give me my motha f**kin money back or i'll they'll get mess the eff up and i tried opening the door to pull them out. and they begged for mercy and ran out and gave me my money and kept on insisting i was getting a deal and that they were selling high end speakers and blah blah blah....i just told them whatever .... and left happy that i got my money back and called my friend who might be vunerable in the same situation to watch out.

Username: Vdz415

Post Number: 2
BTW THE VAN WAS A WHITE SAFARI GMC MINI VAN LIKE.
LICENSE PLATE WAS STARTED with 5MW OR 5WM
and ENDED WITH THE NUMBER 187

jdb
Unregistered guest
I guess we all learn something new everyday. Today I learned that I could buy a $3,000 home theater system for $300. I could have bought that same system at Wal-mart for probably $90 - $100. I did hook it all up and it does work. Sounds pretty good actually; not that I know much about home theater systems. Definitely doesn't sound like it pumps out 800 watts total, but my ears probably don't need 800 watts being pumped into them; and I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't enjoy it much either.

To the 2 guys in the white Astro van in Greeley, CO I hold no grudges. They were selling and I bought; it's plain and simple economics; law of supply and demand. I'm sure it's not the first time (and most likely wont be the last time) I've paid more for something than it's worth. I mean really, we've all financed something in our lifetime; where does all that interest money go? Yep, right into the pockets of the banks. What's the difference? Well, OK, it went to 2 guys in a van. One of the first words we all learn how to say is "no". When we are offered a deal in a parking lot of a mall we have the option of saying that word; and logic tells us we should, but greed and curiousity take over. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

I will use my "$3,000" home theater system until the damn thing just refuses to wake up some day, and be ok with the fact that it works and sounds better than the $35 dvd player I had from Wal-mart.

mroh
Unregistered guest
Well I see I wasn't the only one. These guys were selling it to me from a black chevy blazer I think? Showed me the HDTV magazine and everything. They wanted $300.00, I told them I didn't have that much. Then they said $200.00 and throw in $20.00 for beer. I said okay. We went into my bank, and while I was in there I started thinking I can't afford this. When I came back out I told them I could afford it, and that I changed my mind. They then offered it to me for $180.00 in which I finally agreed. I guess I saved $40.00 and can now drink so beer and wallow in pity on how I was scammed. They will one day run into the wrong person and get what's coming to them. To all you others out there, I know how you feel.

ALTITUDE SICKNESS???
Unregistered guest
TAKEN IN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO on 10/19/2005. STRIP MALL ON STETSON HILLS DR. AND POWERS BLVD.. 2 WHITE MALES... ONE NAMED CHASE.....IN A BLACK DODGE DURANGO WITH UTAH OR COLORADO PLATES..248-RAH. BOUGHT KV 1500 TI HOME THEATER TOWER SPEAKERS FOR $230.00.....CHASE WAS SUPPOSABLY FROM WHEATRIDGE,CO...HAVEN'T HOOKED THEM UP YET TO SEE IF THEY EVEN WORK. FROM WHAT I KNOW NOW....THESE GUYS HAVE BEEN AROUND THE AREA FOR YEARS

Mykul
Unregistered guest
Two guys did the same thing in Denver at the Home Depot parking lot. They were driving a silver SUV. Didn't get the plate #. Both of these low lifes wore hoop earrings and told me they had an extra shipment of speakers. They showed me a catalog and they presented a shipping receipt which showed the name of the company was Occital. I paid $200 so it sounds like I got off easy considering they are better than what I had, which was nothing. If anyone has any information such as a company name or an individual's name and an address so that I can serve them with a summons I will gladly file a lawsuit.

Anonymous

I justed got scamed like the rest of you guys by two white males in a white van in N.E Philly by Franklin Mills Mall. I paid $200.00 for the Kirsch K602 Prodigy Series. I just want to know how to get my money back. Any help please email me at forline13@msn.com

Anonymous

Phonebook results for 512-292-4900
Gilbert Turrieta, (512) 292-4900, 4609 Grand Cypress Dr, Austin, TX 78747

Austin Statesman employment ads as of 10/30/05:

ROCK STARS WANTED Must like loud music, lots $$, and rockin attitude. $800-$1500/wk, Co. vehicle. Call Mike at 512-292-4900

billymuscles
Unregistered guest
Who the hell would trust those guys?

Just be glad you didn't end up tortured to death in that van.

jackeroo
Unregistered guest
so... do the speakers really work or no?

scammed theater logic t2400 for $300

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 12
The speakers may work, although there have been instances where they either don't work properly or not at all to some truly unlucky customers. But, they will never work as well as claimed.

They may sound okay, but they aren't worth the money you spent on them since you could've gotten speakers from an actual store that may perform better for less money.

The biggest problem with these speakers are that they aren't used professionally despite their claims and are not worth the exorbitant retail prices shown on their own catalogues. The sales spiel is also supported by fraudulent magazine reviews and even websites, including a front made up to look like a "Better Business Bureau" wannabe, called the "Fair Business Association of America." http://www.fbaa.us/

Their page of support for a white van speaker company:
http://www.fbaa.us/companies/theaterresearch.htm

Read through the entire text, especially at the end where they start talking about Dogg Digital, another white van brand, and then give the URL for this company, which is the same as Theater Research!

Anyways, the whole thing is all a show of blatant fiction to make you think that you're getting a steal.

To elaborate further, the speakers never have the kind of power handling that is indicated. They typically do not have a good frequency response curve. They do not have good efficiency. The parts they use are some of the cheapest known to man. The engineering from white van brands are not what you'd find in a truly professional speaker from the likes of Electrovoice or Alesis.

You could try to trade them at a pawn shop for used speakers that perform well and are in good condition. But, the proprietors will do some research on them and may decline your offer based on what they will find. - Reinhart

Wizard
Unregistered guest
Was trying to research the manufacturer of some Theater Logic T2450 speakers I ended up buying from a fast talking guy and his buddy from a white van in Bridgeville, PA. All I can find are eBay ads (other scamees I presume) and this site and some others like it. I guess I got scammed as well. The pitch was that they were leftovers from a job they did and wanted to unload them for beer and ti**y bar money. Showed me laminated spec. sheet with retail listed price for $2899. One of the guys accompanied me to the ATM. I ended up paying $200, but he kept trying for more. Didn't get any license number, I was in a hurry myself. They seem like a decent set of speakers, but nothing like they claim. I'm glad I didn't pay any more for them. Should've known better than to buy anything out of the back of a van. I can never seem to turn down a bargain, but I think I might start.

whatever11111111
Unregistered guest
BEWARE they're in southern california. Last sighting was at Rancho Penasquitos area in San Diego. if u see them maim them plz

reyshaun
Unregistered guest
Dude... I was at the Race Track on S. Lamar Blvd... 2 dudes in a blue tahoe got $220 off me. I hooked them up and am stoked about how they sound and I've been playing music for 13yrs! The only reason I feel bad about the purchase is because I read it was a scam. Oh well... The last time I got scammed was in Barcelona for fake Rolex! LOL

Mikey_Portsmouth
Unregistered guest
Anyone from Portsmouth, UK that got scammed by these guys please contact me on

Mikeyallen5@hotmail.com

I also too got scammed for the TI~1250.. Spent £100 on the speaker. Told me a similar story about they ordered too many and his boss would get mad if he knew etc. Im so annoyed i believed his lies, i havent tried it yet since i dont have the proper cable but im kinda scared to, because from what i hear they either wont work or are crap!!

So yeh im here as a student in portsmouth so anyone else in that area that has been scammed give me an email.

Cheers

Mikey

Anonymous

After finding this post I had to say something about this huge problem. I used to work for Avalon distrubutors in Imperial. These men need to be stopped at all costs. The fact that this scam is so big is absolutely destestable. I know for a fact that this business is indeed disposable. Shawn P. haugh, the regional manager of Avalon Distribution, is nothing more than a little sh*t. He uses the money made from this to promote raves and abuse drugs. They showed me at work how to avoid paying taxes via fake receipts.his "business" is made seemingly legitimate by receipts and false claims of having extras on the job. They put false information on the order invoices to show overstock. there are no extras from the job, there are no installations, there is nothing. The speakers at most, are worth 50 bucks. The people working there have oustanding warrants in different states. I was taught every little detail of the scam. how to talk, how to show the magazine on the speakers to show how much they supoosedly are worth, and how to put the speaker box in the hands of people after they take out their money. This is done so that they have the speakers off their hands and that they can obstruct the victim so that they can actually take their money and leave without a trace. It isn't an honest business at all. It's the biggest scam ever. The best in the business are slick talkers, and amongst those, thieves. The managers, Shaun P. haugh and Dave James prey on all of those with lost hopes, offering easy money and great hours. giving motivational speeches before the "work" day, and forcing people not to come back unless they sell speakers. The hire a number of trainees every
month, the ones that don't make it are fired, without the $1000 pay that they promise for training. it happened to me. Lied to my face and made a meager 75 bucks for a 8 days of work. And because of a**holes like them, he gets to live in a fancy house out in Wexford while not even worrying about going out and selling speakers. Living off a salary paid by John McHaffey and Turk plus speaker "sales". Just letting his cronies do his dirty work. As for "Diamond Dave", he lives in Mount Washington with an equally vile female companion. While working, I never stopped to realize that frankly, we might of ruined people lives. If you see these Avalon Distributor vans around, report them to the police as soon as possible. Haugh is about 5'5", caucasian, brown hair, blue eyes and a lump at the side of his neck. He has been known for evading taxes for years, as well as drug trafficking within their stripped down imperial office off Route 28. in PA.

Avalon Distributors
307 High Tech Drive
OAKDALE, PA 15071

The above is the real Pittsburgh address as it is changed from receipt to receipt to avoid legal repercussions.

John J Mehaffey Jr.
51 Whitewood Drive
Levittown, PA 19057

The vans and license plates change from time to time of the in order to do the same. However they have a distinctive Dahlton sticker on the drivers side, and the address on the right.
Next time you see these people, go bananas and make sure to draw some blood.

Unregistered guest
Early this summer 2005, While at a Body Shop in Newark Delaware, where my car was getting worked on, A guy in a white Chevy Van pulled in and had a few boxes of "DAHLTON HOME CINEMA 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEMS" for sale "Cheap" $200.00.. I figured that he was known by the rest of the guys who worked there. I bought one of the sound systems from him for $200, which I thought at that time was a real good price. I have not opened the box as yet, but, think after reading the reviews, I think I was screwed. If they work, maybe not. Here's a thought: If a deal seems "too good to be true" it's Not, 97% of the time!!
Since then the Body shop owner retired and went out of business. I still have 'em in the sealed Box. I cannot find any imformation on them or the company that sold them. Any Ideas?

Username: Absolutez

I just f*cked by this scam. I paid $300 for these peaces of sh*t. They got me at Fry's in Wilsonville, Oregon just south of Portland. If someone finds out where they work/live let me know.

My contact info is here:

http://www.pixelllc.com/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Item id=3

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 115
If anyone ever sees a white van speaker vendor operate on a parking lot of a retail store, inform the store's management.

They likely will not have permission to sell stuff on the store property and will be warned to vacate the premises or else risk having the police summoned for trespass charges.

A store extends an invitation only to those who are there to do business with that establishment. Anyone who is not there to shop at the store is not invited and, therefore, are not allowed on the property. - Reinhart

0wn3d
Unregistered guest
Just got hit for 300 in west linn, oregon. green mid 90's suburban. one guy called himself 'andy' and his buddy in the pasanger seat looks exactally like Jay for Jay and Silent Bob and called himself 'sunshine' man i feel stupid.. but its my own damn fault for not following my instincts...

pwn3d
Unregistered guest
Just bought a pair of T2450 speakers, 1 left and 1 right, off these 2 guys that claimed they work for this delivery company and were off to a job site and got extra stock, claimed that they got it in bulk, they were convincing , showed me the magazine HDTV or something like that, and showed the value in there, 2900US.
so I bought the pair for $480, i now cant find anything on the internet and im seeing that i got scammed good. Ebay people are selling em for $600 so i didnt get THAT ripped off.

lshamarro
Unregistered guest
These guys just game to my store in South Holland, Il. They were in a white Astro Van with plate# 465-1787.

CHINA'S FINEST
Unregistered guest
I sell speakers on the street.
"WHOOPIDEE-FRIGGIN-DOO." Get over it.

www.burckhards.com

jackass anonymous
Unregistered guest
Some guy got me today too, up here in roseville, CA, pulled up, said the same BS you all say, and i got the 2400's for 200 bucks. The guy looked honest enough.... i shouldn't have fell for it.... but we tested 'em they sound alright, nothing fancy but i should've trusted my better judgement.... it was one white dude w/ a lip piercing, and all the same story you guys told me....

Mad Dude
Unregistered guest
Port Arthur, TX (HOUSTON / BEAUMONT)I just spent $500 on the t2400's, they sound worse than my FU*#ING CLOCK RADIO - the guy called himself Everit. Gave me the overloaded pitch, and I bought it. I overdrafted my account thinking I could turn these around on ebay. I know this is a "legal scam"...so I haven't yet decided if I am going to go buy a copy of HDTV and turn these around...or if I am going to go psyco and hunt every one of you pieces of $hit down and blow you away. Both very legitimate options considering I am a little crazy. And I really mean it...it might be time for "SPEAKERMAN RAMPAGE" I am a good detective, so I wouldn't be to quick to post your little taunt messages here...message boards record IP in the background. SMILE

Mad at Mile High
Unregistered guest
Who makes these fu***ng speakers & where the hell are they coming from?! Bast**ds got me yesterday, in northern Denver, in a White Expedition, Florida tags, (go figure) with the last 3 letters, h-a-k. F*** you, Speaker puss!

Nj Scammed
Unregistered guest
Yeah, got me .. Only paid 200. Speakers work fine (t2450). Sound better then my tv did. So, the way I see it, it was a 200 dollar lesson with free speakers thrown in.

K CROW
Unregistered guest
Got me in Dallas for $320 at a Tom Thumb parking lot. I got the Kirsch tower speakers and they looked really good. got them out of a white van with 3 white guys who gave me a good pitch. when i got to work this morning i researched the brand and found this web site and i read up on all the info stated.
long story short, i followed up on the address on Shady Trail Rd previously stated in someone elses post and returned the speakers for $320 cash, no problem. There was a guy at the office and I just stated that I was a little weary of the product and he said no problem. The door was locked but i knocked untill i got an answer.
If i were to do it again I would have tried to pay about $125 for the speakers and just use them as a coffee table if they didnt work worth a s**t and it would still be worth it.
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SPEAKERS YOU NEED TO RETURN THEM WITHIN A COUPLE DAYS, WITH OR WITHOUT A RECIEPT.

Chrisispissed
Unregistered guest
Got me in Reno, NV. Two young guys in a white durango full of shitty speakers, a magazine and a packing slip. My only comfort is this: its a small town and if i find them said suv and speakers will be parked in my garrage and parted out on ebay and bolth of them will be without their lunch money. Let this be a lesson to us all. We know what we did was wrong, we where buying stuff that we where told beforehand wasn't paid for. I don't condone what I did and I feel like I've learned a lot from these two douchbags but, someone needs to teach these SOB's a lesson.

asdasggf
Unregistered guest
A Two white guys in white van ram on frankford ave,philadelphia, scammed me with kirsch k602 speakers,for 300$ when this go for 50-100$.I`m looking forward to see them arround...$%^#$%^

another sucka
Unregistered guest
JUST GOT ME IN SACRAMENTO, CA IN ARDEN MALL. A GUY NAMED RON (cap, glasses, dark hair, olive-skinned) IN A BLUE TRUCK..working for Worldwide Audio and was supposed to meet his crew at the Rage (a club)...lalala. Theather Research speakers and supposedly the 6.1 system. Got hooked for $200. DAMMIT...now I think I am just gonna try to get rid of them before I puke...and my gf is gonna sh*t bricks....I haven't tested them yet but i bet they are sh*t like the others have said.

phillybeware
Unregistered guest
everyone in philly beware,white van with girl,n guy,selling same scam,i got scammed today @roosevelt blvd.,n woodhaven around 3pm today,took me for $600,kirsch 5.1,10k,5 speakers surround with subwolfer,had magazine,packing slips,i did manage to get their license plate #,ysb0586,guys phone #267-432-8347,givonni is his name,italian looking,girl had shortier hair,brown,n wore glasses,she didnt come out of van,theirs a sucker born everyday,n i was born,they got me good,serves me right,thats what carma's about,but they'll get theirs,the words out on the street,philly beware

Anonymous

Mad at Mile High, they are now in Colorado Springs. Florida Plate I60-HAK. Light color Expidition or Explorer.

Rugbynerd
Unregistered guest
Thank you guys for this website!! I was in the parking lot on the verge of paying $200, and I thought, "Maybe I should call my wife." She did an internet search, and sweetly told me that I was about to make a total fool of myself. Sheesh.
After leaving, I was like, what the heck, I should have gotten their license plate or something! I can barely even remember the vehicle-- some sort of black durango looking thing. I'm going to be a lot more aware after this experience. This was in the Home Depot parking lot in Denver near I-70. One guy was tall, white, said his name was Ryan. The other guy was shorter with short, blond, wavy hair. They left quickly when I said my wife couldn't find any info on the speakers except that it was a scam... they were real nice and cordial though, which makes it hard to say no.

revenge is key
Unregistered guest
these scumbags are spreading like flies on sh-t. I got scammed yesterday in WARWICK, RHODE ISLAND. i got scammed into buying the MTS 3100 SERIES. This scum "Corey" on the receipt got me at the gastaion. the quincidnece is that i was in the market for buying speakers because i just bought a new projector (panasonic pt-ae900u). So when the guy pulled up with in a white van with the company name NEW ENGLAND SOUND & HOME THEATER. he said how he "ordered a pair, but they sent him two by accident". And he couldnt return them. So since he should me the speakers and calimed that they retailed for 3,000. After showing me the HD-TV magazine with the price he had me sold. The company is supposedl located at 197M Boston Post Road West, Suite #331. Malborough, MA, 01752. Phone number (508) 303-8500. After having some trouble setting the speakers up they actually dont sound that bad, but this idiot scammer still pisses me off and im out lookin for ya corey so hopefully ur still not around here cause ill make it so that you sold ur last speaker system ever. Also im gonna try the call corey i like this system and my friend wants a pair... Do you think you can hook me up with a second pair. And boy o boy when we meet again. So watch out ppl in NEW ENGLAND even though his van looks like a ligit thing he needs to be tought a lesson and doesnt know what hard earned money is..... All to you scammers out there make sure you like the money while you got it, cause its stoppin very soon. email me with comments or questions whatzup281@msn.com

Username: Pimp_slapped

Dallas, Texas USA

Got me today in Dallas. Lowes parking lot at Preston and 190. Tow white guys in a white van. Bottom line, I am retarded that I fell for this BS and should have never bought them. Hate to say it but I deserve it and it was an expensive lesson about my fellow man generally sucking.

That being said, are they even worth setting up in my kids room or should I throw them out? Any real opinions on this nonsense would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4435
These guys must be making good money!

Username: Kickback

Just got taken in Middletown De. on Saturday afternoon. $350 for a Kirsch Loudspeaker system. I am no electronics wiz,(obviously) but the system doesn't sound all that bad. Same old story, two guys in a white van with PA tags. One was a read head with short curly hair and didn't say much. The other was a fast talking short guy with black hair. I'm not looking to get my money back, but if anyone could give me an address where I could find them I would gladly pay double what I paid for the system. rdean069@hotmail.com no questions asked, money will be paid once the address has been verified.

nickyfrm vegas
Unregistered guest
and what are you going to do once u have info
?

oneforthecause
Unregistered guest
Saw the police had their Van pulled over this morning and the boys were locked up inside. Of course this was only after my father had called excited about buying 1600 dollar speakers for 300. Fortunately he got to the scene of the crime in enough time to get his money back. He thought he was going to be arrested on assult charges when he punched one of the clowns in the mouth but the cop 'said' he didn't see a thing! One for the good guys! This all happened in Dover, DE.

LAKEWOOD
Unregistered guest
Lakewood, CA.. At the lakewood shopping mall, in front of Home Depot, 2 f@gs in a Silver Navigator came up on $200. The (speakerman) was a tweaker. Talked his head off. His eyes are blue and all fucked up. His Boyfriend has dark hair. I dont remember names and I didnt get a plate number. There is a Famous Stars and Straps sticker (F) on the lower back of the car (where u would hook a boat or something up to). The tweaker f@g is tatted all over his arms, and his legs. Soo beware if you see them or if they approach you. WARNING: THEY ARE VERY FAST TALKING, AND VERY PUSHY. cvnts

Anonymous

In Dallas, close SE corner of 635 and 35,
be there early, 8:30am

Empire Distributors

11126 Shady Trail #115
Dallas, Tx 75229
469-522-7444

Get your refund.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help