First Time Setup

Username: Icanhassatellite

Post Number: 6
Im wanting to start my first FTA setup and had a few questions, I was looking into this earlier this year, but now i have the funds to do something about it. I have an HD television, so Im looking at getting the Ilink 9500hd, if i remember correctly I also have to get a 8-psk chip or no? If anyone else has a suggestion for a box please let me know.

Secondly, Im *hoping* I can use my grandpas old DishNetwork satellite dish that he has, it still works, he just got directv around 2 years ago. I believe it has the double receiver ends, will this work?

Thirdly, I am in Indiana in the Usa, will I need a motor for the dish and how do you go about aligning it etc, i think there is maybe an android app?

and Finally IKS still a big player, or has that finally been stopped, i seem to remember people starting to complain. And can someone link me to the google spreadsheet of the private IKS sites with their up/down list, i cant find it in my history!

THANKS!!

Bronze Member
Username: Baffin

Post Number: 26
Don't let it be your last, read this

Cheap trickSilver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 344
Cheap_trick posted on Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 07:13 pm
Important Update ( July 29, 2011 ) :

NagraStar has managed to seize control of two major PUBLIC IKS servers
( both of them based in the Caribbean ).

Nagrastar's anti-piracy CEO and spokesman Pascal Lenoir
mentioned gaining control of a database of at least 8,435 log-in IP's of customers units
plus additional incriminating operational and logistical information.

He declared : " In the coming weeks Nagrastar's legal department will announce
how we will be proceeding with the information gathered in this successfully operation.
...and rest assured others will follow."

Post Number: 7
So you're saying not to even get it then ? I was going to go private though, plus i thought if the channels werent encrypted it was legal. I like little projects like this, but i dont want to go to jail either lol

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21607

RECOMMENDED ACTION

TOTAL FREEZE

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 890
icanhassatellite:
Some public servers have issues, not sure what will happen to private servers, better to wait for some time.

Post Number: 8
This wasnt going to happen until September probably anyways, so ill see what happens. I mainly just want to know if that dish will work before i drive the 100 miles to get it, please! Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 891
icanhassatellite:
Right now it should work on private servers.

However if you want to use motor and get true FTA, then you need a larger dish that can be controlled by motor - however that is not subject to any uncertainity.

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
icanhassatellite:
see this post it has link that you were asking
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/686652.html#POST1964034

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 346
It's all a matter of how much you think you can stretch your luck.

A few years back, Directv went through an anti-piracy blitzkrieg much like this one,
sending thousands of menacing letters to suspected owners of pirated DTV cards.
Of all the "testers" using pirated cards, it is estimated that only a 13 -14 % received a letter
( all of them in USA , no Mexicans and probably no Canadians? ) ;
and of those receiving a letter, it is estimated that 70 - 80 % went for a settlement
( of aprox. $1500 USD each, on average ).
So things didn't get that bad... less than 20 known cases had to serve some time.

Now, with IKS things are different. By seizing the servers, they have precise information
( IP addys ) of the Illegal users.
So who knows ( with all the Public and Private servers around ) how many of them
will get abducted by NagraStar/EchoStar's legal arm.

If you are a risk taker, your best bet would be to use a closed-knit Private server,
a real good IP spoofer or better yet, hack into your neighbor's wireless lan provider
... and most important, keep those fingers crossed.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16508
Go get the dish and then find a friend or family member who subscribes to DN, and have them get ya another receiver, then share the bill ..aka sub sharing.....this is the easiest, cheapest and safest way to get satellite TV now, and is very reliable.....FTA is basically dead or almost dead, very unreliable, and very risky using IKS which is illegal..

Post Number: 9
I just like having projects really, I already get free digital cable from the company i work for, i just wanted this for something to do, but oh well. Ill see how things look in september with it all. I guess I dont understand why these sites dont use Chinese servers or something
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us