Viewsat Pro and IKS

Silver Member
Username: Wabash

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 113
Inspired by the Jung Kwak arrest and the many IKS threads, I came up with another selfish mindbender to share with all you smart people. This one has two parts:

1) The Viewsat Pro receiver has a card slot. Regular cards fit in it. Is it functional or just for show? If it's good, would the Viewsat Pro support an IKS card?

2) A Viewsat Pro is placed far from a DSL router on a poorly distributed apartment which uses a Wireless-G transmitter along with said device. Sending an ethernet cable line inside or around the walls is not an option. Are there any wireless IKS cards? If not, would an IKS card work if connected to a separate wireless transmitter on this home network? NOTE: All the equipment except the IKS card is previously available, so "Just buy an IKS-enabled receiver" is NOT a valid answer.

As before in my PVR puzzle thread, the judges (er, me) test, verify and choose the best entry (eventually). The winner will get my appreciation and forum bragging rights. I haven't tested my PVR idea from the previous thread, so the prizes from the other thread are still available (same ones).

Admit it. Doing this is better than trolling or watching the six random feeds on channel 100.

Silver Member
Username: Kayoss

Post Number: 121
I would rather watch the six random feeds.

Silver Member
Username: Wabash

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 115
Honestly?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us