vs ultra no chanals

Bronze Member
Username: Canada2

Post Number: 13
hi
nalin can you please tell me how can i get all chanals on 119 echo7 as i told you bafore i have 33" dish b[link removed] i put a file to get anik3
then after this file reciever said no chanals file was from MKM pease tell me what can ido in deatail pease .i am very thankfull to you what you did for me before.ok now when scane on 119 it gives me all echost-123456789 chanals and they do not work
thanks
}

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 13943
MKM is not a helper. He barely knows what to do when detailed instructions are given.
There are basically three types of 118/119 LNBs.

1. LNBs never designed for 118, but because of the size of Dish, they will give you some 118 channels. Use LNB type OSC-DP or standard, on your 119 setup but change the LNB freq to 10750 and first TP to 11715 and do a Blind scan (preferrable) or a full or all scan.

2. Dish made DPP LNBs. These have separate output for 119 and 118, therefore you need a DP44 switch (DP34 might be OK). They will occupy two input ports of your switch ad you would set up a slate identical to 119 but a different LNB freq of 10750 (or as low as 9750) and first TP as mentioned abve, etc. The newer Veiwsats would have separate slate for 118 (Anik F3), otherwise use Anik F2 slate and change as stated above. You can, if you want to get the full Anik F3 list from lyngsat and set up all the TPs manually for a scan all.

3. Generic types of LNBs specially desined for 118/119 combo bear names like CB2008A or DGL1189s. These have two outputs, but both have 118 and 119 channels on them, so the outputs go to two different receivers. You would either do two scans on the 119 slate, one with the 118 settings mentioned above and stadard LNB and another with 119 settings of TP Frea 11250 and first TP 12224 or 12239. You may try Universal 2 setting if you are not getting all channels.
With this LNB, you can also set up a separate slate for 118.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
thanks nalin
now the problum is when i scan the channal it comes like echost1 echost2 echost3 but no name for channal and these channals do not work too
it is on 119 10750 11715 for the lnb type it only gives me option for standerd oruniversal nothing else it use to give me OSC-DP but after the file nothing
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
it also dont give me aption to change tp freq to 11750

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13944
You should have factory BIN 143 followed by the latest BIN pftausw-090111U.
In all receivers, you can always changed the antenna setup.
Tomorrow you should try and find the name of the LNB you are using and see for yourself the connections and post the full settings that you are using.

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Usa

Post Number: 320
when looking at different tp frequencies, that is it, you are looking at different tp frequencies, and not doing anything to them,just looking at them to see signal. when clicking on down to 11750, you just see the signal strength of that tp. it doesn't "save" anything, or your signal, it just lets you see the signal of that tp.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13946
You can edit all the settings in the Antenna setup of a sat, i.e. change the LNB freq., disEqC settings, etc. The lost of TPs can be changes through some other facility in your receiver - Somewhere along the line there is a way to add, delete or Edit a TP or a satellite. I don't have a Viewsat ultra to tell exactly how. Look at the manual.

Silver Member
Username: Rekman

Mntl-Quebec-...

Post Number: 516
Sorry NALIN and Jawad.
Am sorry if this file cause any inconvenience to you.
I only shared what Plymouth gave me recently. And its true the [link removed] worked for me. I loaded it and was able to get the Anik F3, because before I didnt had it. And scan for channels everything was OK .

UNTIL last week , I think its my dish which has been turned due to strong wind.
I know am not a Helper here. Again I apologise for any inconvenience

NALIN I sent you a post message, but you didnt anwer to me.
PLEASe answer has the FTA moved Dish satellite?? OR is it the wind.
because yesterday I spent 30mins out on a ladder,(freezing here -21°C), but have nt been able to get the Level & quality

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13951
MKM: Plymouth can help you better with Viewsats.
I am answering to jawad, because his questions are related to 118/119

Silver Member

Mntl-Quebec-...

Post Number: 517
Hmm Ok Nalin. I will wait when PLYMOUTH would be here .
thank you then.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 7069
MKM

No satellite is moved.
Have you tried with your both receivers?
If yes, buy a cheap satellite tracker(finder) and reaim your dish.
A 33" can turn on strong wind.

Use this for reaimed your dish:

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Signabo

Cleveland, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 25
Viewsat Ultra freezing, any fix yet?

Bronze Member
Username: Signabo

Cleveland, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 26
Viewsat Ultra freezing, any fix yet?

Silver Member

Mntl-Quebec-...

Post Number: 518
Thank you PLYMOUTH. its NORTH WEST in my section.
Tomorrow if the weather is good I would move the DIsh..
Because yesterday I tried to move it. 30mins outside, I almost freeze to death.

I would like to buy a Dish pointing meter reader. this will facilitate my search of Dish pointing.
How much could it cost ein !!. you know the price approximately !!.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 7085
MKM
Satellite tracker 7$ to 25$
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us