DP34 HELP

Username: Link119805

Post Number: 1
I have 2 DN 500. One dish has 110 and 119. The other has 61.5. The 100/119 Dish has Dish Pro LNBs. The 61.5 also has one Dish Pro LNB as well. I have 4 receivers (Pansats 3500). I would like to use the switch to connect the 4 receivers. Is it possible?...can it be done with the dp34? What should the settings be in the 3500 receivers? If it can be done with teh dp34...what can I use.
Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 11610
Use DP44 or similar

Post Number: 2
thank you for the feedback. so the dp34 will NOT work? Can you tell me why the dp44 would work vs. the dp34?

thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 639
so you are only receiving 3 satellite?
110,119,61,5 ?
if that is the case, yes you can use dp34
just see what port you have already assigned for each satellite.
than just assign each satelite same as your port assignment on your receiver to dp34

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 254
That DP34 is fine for 3 sats and 4 receivers...in fact thats what exactly its made for...no idea why nalin gave you BOGUS info again..

Just input the correct receiver settings and scan each satellite..

119- port1
110- port 2
61.5- port 3
freq 11250
type- ocs dp
etc..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11612
Steve M.; You have a Pansat 3500 - one of the weakest receivers for powering up the DP34.
You are planning to use 4 receivers. To use DP34 adequately you would need to power it up on port 1 with an old DN receiver otherwise YOU WILL run into power supply problems. That would leave you with slots for three receivers and you will need to cascade to another DP34.
DP44 is sold with a power inserter and you will never have power problems using it. for a person as ambitious as you are installing a four receiver system, it is is very likely that you may add another LNB to your system - the DP44 acommodates four.
"justforhaha" aka LK is a pest that keeps on waiting on the sidelines trying to pounce upon me fr perceived mistakes. I do not emphasise without a reason.
USE DP44

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1150
Good info Justforhaha's again this forum would be lost without you. I don't know if i can trust this Nalin Nyda's info because of what people say about her.I heard she has fried a few recievers causing unsuspecting people to burn there house's down. I try to stay away from her bad info.

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 2028
Steve M

WHY DONT YOU USE DP34 . AND PLEASE COME BACK AND TELL US WHAT HAPPEN . WE WANNA GET THIS ONCE FOR ALL. WE ALWAYS ARGUE ABOUT DP34. KNOWING THAT DP34 IS MADE FOR DP LNB'S AND POEPLE ARGUE ABOUT RECIEVERS POWER.

BUY IT USING IT AND GET BACK TO US . I WILL GIVE YOU MY WORD IF SOMETHING WRONG I WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY OR SEND YOU AN OTHER SWITCH AT YOUR CHOICE.

Post Number: 3
Hi Cartier..I do not mind trying at all. I need though the settings for the receiver and what ports to connect the 3 sats on the dp34. some people say it makes a difference. Does anyone have the seetings on the pansat 3500?
thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2030
justforhaha's
Silver Member

Post Number: 254
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 06:49 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That DP34 is fine for 3 sats and 4 receivers...in fact thats what exactly its made for...no idea why nalin gave you BOGUS info again..

Just input the correct receiver settings and scan each satellite..

119- port1
110- port 2
61.5- port 3
freq 11250
type- ocs dp
etc..

this is exactely what you should do

all lnb's type has to be ocs-dp

frequency 11250 for all of them .
and use port1 for 119 port 2 for 110 port 3 for echo3 it so siple ./ run your wires good wires and u are set....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2031
the pansat you will see instead of port diseqc: use number 1 number 2 number 3 accordinly

Post Number: 5
Thank you cartier1...so on the 3500 settings make sure that the lnb type is set to ocs-dp? the pansat has a selection called "Dish-Pro" which is what I have been using up until this point... i do not understand the "port diseqc" that you mentioned...can you explain that please?
thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2884
As nalin suggested the DPP44 will not work - I would assume she/he suggested this switch cause it has an independent power source which is not needed. The majority of STB's on the market - Including the Pansat (all of them) provide 500 mha. The setup you want to use requires about 475 mha. if you are running 4 stb's, even if they are not on, just one of them will provide sufficient power to run this system. Port one is NOT the power source of that rig, it will take power from any port. I'm not sure where that came from other then a recommendation and I repeat "A RECOMMENDATION" to plug in the power insert in port one. Some people should do some testing so they can have first hand knowledge before posting bs info!

Bottom line. A DP34 will work for what you are trying to do as stated by justforhaha's.

As a matter of fact, I am running that same rig with TWO dp44 for 6 receivers and it works fine. No external power needed.

Oh yeah, please take this info and consider the source! If it was a real tester with any rep, they would be here to help and not here as their home! Real testers are in real sites!

Bronze Member
Username: Blue_monday

Post Number: 15
PRFRMNJ
Gold Member

Post Number: 2884
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 04:23 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As nalin suggested the DPP44 will not work

As a matter of fact, I am running that same rig with TWO dp44 for 6 receivers and it works fine. No external power needed.

Real testers are in real sites!

Post Number: 6
thank you Prfrmnj..the problem that i am having is with the settings in the 3500 to make this work. can you advise in that area please? what ports do i use for each sat on the dp34?

thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 655
PRFRMNJ
I am sure glad to see you here to help
correct Camel Breath close too 12,000
Posts of C/Ps and Bullshit. You would think after 2 years
Camel Breath would have learned something about this
FTA Hobby. He or she is like my girl friend
hard head and stinkey breath.

BTW did you mean TWO dp34?

C/P
The first switch in the new DISH Pro Technology series of LNBFs and switches.
Three inputs for use with up to three orbital locations.
Four outputs for connections up to four tuner inputs.
Three "trunk" connections, to "trunk" to another DP34 Switch.
Does not require power insertion.
Can be used indoors or outdoors.
DishPro switches may be cascaded 3 switches deep and are DiSEqC Compatible.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11615
PRFRMNJ and i have had several long encouters about power supply using DP34 and Dish LNBs. He is stubborn as a mule and refuses to look at over 500 posts in this area in almost all the forums.

So let me clarify the issue once for all ad send PRFRMNJ back to his FTABINs, where he should stay.

You can have setup with just one FTA receiver and DP34 and that might be adequate to power it. But you can also have situation where two receivers are powering it and things go wrong.
It is well known that some of the failures of Pansat3500 power supply are due to excessive demand from DP34, etc.
The main thin one should always remember is tha person and the needs of DP34. Very often the DP34 is not accessible - certainly not as accessible as the receiver is. So when thing do go wrong, you are fumbling looking for a problem with your receiver and not at DP34.
**-- **-- **-- **-- **--
http://www.al7bar*tk/Forums/showthread.php?t=25983&page=10

26th February 2006
eqqmc2 eqqmc2 is online now Registered UserTV Junky Join Date: Oct 2005Posts: 427
Most fta boxes dont put out the necessary juice to drive the dp34 and the associated lnbs.So you can do a few things:

1) Attach a dn ird (subbed or not) to port 1 of the dp34 to power the switch. This is the standard procedure and recommended one.You connect ur fta boxes to any ports 2-4.
2) Get a dishpro adapter that is sold for legacy dn irds. I have heard that it does power the switch ok but if it may not work 100% ok with an fta box attached to it. Again use port 1 as above wiht the adapter and fta box
3) Get a dish pro approved power inserter from sonoradesign.com. This should work no problems.See their website.Again use port 1 as above with power inserter and fta box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
C/P
The first switch in the new DISH Pro Technology series of LNBFs and switches.
Three inputs for use with up to three orbital locations.
Four outputs for connections up to four tuner inputs.
Three "trunk" connections, to "trunk" to another DP34 Switch.
Does not require power insertion.
Can be used indoors or outdoors.
DishPro switches may be cascaded 3 switches deep and are DiSEqC Compatible.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11616
Stupid White Hawk.
It does not require power insertion IF YOU ARE USING DN RECEIVERS.
That is why we recommend use of old DN receiver on Port 1 if you are using it with FTA receiver.

GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN.
**-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **--
http://www.al7bar*tk/Forums/showthread.php?t=182649

26th October 2006
grazzzy grazzzy is offline Star of FTAFTA GOD Join Date: Sep 2004Posts: 3,174
dp-34's are funky when used with viewsats. if possible, add a regular DN or a pansat receiver to provide power for switching. if not possible, might have to go with two regular diseq's. and that becomes a problem on your linear bird, since it only has the single output.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2885
Nalin refuses to back down or admit being wrong which is kind of nalin's MO.

Bo to any site and you'll see my sticky's stating power requirements for all these (done by testing and not guessing) Future, Total, Freedom, etc... and of course, my home site FTABins - all verified and concurred with by all who know anything about this subject.

So please start testing and learn the matter before you go telling people what to do and causing them to spend unesesary money because of your ignorance!

Oh yeah, we can play this game all day and it will only cause me to bring out all your bs posts as I did in the past under the "Nalin's Greatest Hits". But that is childish and I'm really past that! It's not about you but rather helping people!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2886
Oh yeah, my typing s@cks today! Still waking up! LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
PRFRMNJ...its groundhog day again..some things , like nalin, will never change or learn..

she (nalin) doesn't TEST (by her own admission) and uses and old dinosaur 2500 Pantec clone, so don't expect any good info to come from her..we all know how many hundreds of receivers she has killed by her bogus posts..she's done that since her first day here, and continues daily.

Silver Member
Username: Jjgee

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 147
He has killed those boxes using the information We at nagra have fed him. He is a very good employee and works cheap.

All I have to do is wave the anton pillar at him and he gets to hopping.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3839
Good info on hahaha and jjgee

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/509329.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/510350.html

Post Number: 7
I am going to test with dp34 and get back to all...I need though the "settings" for the pan 3500...I think that If I do have the correct settings it will not work regardess power or no power insertion..can some help me with that please?

thank you...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2034
STEVE. im sorry to tell you this . you are just fu*cking idiot. we told you million of time the setting ,. what fu*cking setting you are looking for . it was clear very clear the information we told you. the setting also about your pansat. so to hell and stop posting and dont even try it who give fu*ck if it works or not . if you stoped your idiot question evrything would be just cool. so now go get your crab somehwere eles. go read and read and read before you ask question . everyone here gave you the best option . if u are retarded and you can't get it then something is wrong with you ......................dont come back we dont need your feed back we already know the answer....

Post Number: 8
take it easy cartier1...i have not done this a lot before..i just wanted to make sure that i have the seetings before i try it and screw it up.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 342
Hey - PRFRNJ, LK, jjgee,justforhaha's, white hawk.

IT IS TIME FOR PEST CONTROL.

U VERMIN - GO AWAY!! DO U HEAR

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

Post Number: 11616
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 10:36 am:

Stupid White Hawk.
It does not require power insertion IF YOU ARE USING DN RECEIVERS.
That is why we recommend use of old DN receiver on Port 1 if you are using it with FTA receiver.

Camel Breath you said
GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN.
OK but can you tell me what school you went to? I want to be sure I don't go
to the same school.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2887
Settings are simple:

in the antena settings:

LNB Type - DishPro or OSC-DP (Since I no longer test this stb I have no idea which one of the above it is, but you will find one or the other)

DISEcQ:

119 = 1
110 = 2
61.5 = 3

All other setting stay as is.

You do not need a DN receiver in port 1 and using one defeats the purpose of using a multi-switch like a DP34 in order to get 4 stb's. You have all you need to hook this up!

And Nalin - Anytime you want to go post in a true fta site bring it over to ftabins. I'm sure you'll see just how ignorant you really are when you are beaten around by all members for the bs you post.

Guys, Don't get me wrong! I have no problem coming in and helping from time to time, but some things never change around here

Post Number: 9
thanks Prfrmnj.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3842
Steve
Try what Cartier say and come back with the result.
Cartier and Nalin are reputable helpers here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us