Doreen or who knows about computer ????????????

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1882
my laptab shut down many times not the proper way. so my hard drive get screwed up. i used wipe drive cd and i intalled again and again. sudenly hard drive decided not to accept xp instalation. so finaly i had to partition my drived toa smalo 4000mb so the window accept the instaltion bu i lost 36 gb unused and not formated.

i can not use the computer without usb mouse no longer can control the pad. so what software needded to scan all the drive from errors . and any idea about this mess

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1291
4 gigs is really too small for xp - yu shuda partitioned it during pre-windas setup , yu can use partition magic to fix that and make it 20 gig for xp and 20 for d drive - make sure yor using ntfs file format and not fat32 and btw for all you hackers , xp pro corp SP3 was released :

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1432505

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 150
You first should tell us what brand and model of laptop you have.

Second, tell us if it came with what is called a "recovery CD" from the manufacturer (Toshiba, HP or else). Or are you installing Windows XP directly by yourself.

If you are installing XP from scratch, there comes a point in the installation procedure (in the DOS like text window) where you can install XP on existing partitions or else. At that point, read instructions carefully on your screen. Right there, you can clean up all of your disk. Destroy any existing garbage or weird size partitions and create a new one the size of your hard disk. Once this is done, XP will install itself easily and it will most likely detect any USB hardware such as your mouse.

Like The Coders said, as soon as your new installation starts, immediately download and install Service Pack 3 from Microsoft to install the maximum of security ASAP. This can be done easily by going to the Windows Update process using the start button.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1883
thnax to u guys. have dell. and i only used 4g so i can sneak the instalation otherwise it would not take it . no cd recovery. i use wipe drive . my hard drive almost crushed im trying to use magic partition so i can correct the sectors.and save buying an other hard drive . i only can use usb mousse i can not use my pad

Username: Punjavi_doo

Post Number: 2
I am very happy your computer is a piece of shiit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
Cartier your are doing the right thing. If you have Partition Magic then you can correct many issues. Noteworthy is Partition Magic's resize option that works well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Cartier use Partition Magic to kill the dead partitions and then resize your 4G partition to maximum.

I was not aware you had Partition Magic! This is the best tool for the job.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1686
CARTIER GO got use Killdisk do not use wipedrive. www.killdisk.com get the free version Download KillDisk Suite(Free)v.5.0 the one for windows fallow what it says to do.... DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN IT IS RUNNING . It will clean out the drive back to NOTHING. Insert your windows XP again . you'll have to format the drive etc... load windows ... install all drivers etc.... then you should be up and running again.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1687
oops i meant DO NOT USE Wipedrive...

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 599
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
oops

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1885
THANX EVERYONE / 20G FOR C 20G FOR D USING MAGIC PARTITION .ALL IS GOOD NOW . THANX LOT.

THE CAT WAS FABULOUS PAUL:-)

NAD MISTER:

punjavi doo
Username: Punjavi_doo

YOU NEED TO FIX YOUR NAME IS PIECE OF SH%IT

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
Dude!! your saying the pron was saved ?

Good Job

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1307
good job cartier1 - we had faith lol

Silver Member
Username: Borinick

Post Number: 391
dude you're laptab is hp if it is they know for that is the mother board going bad i had the same problem so is better to get a new one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us