Tps frequency11715 ~ 120xx on 119

Username: Evanychen

Sunnyvale, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I see lyngsat has channels on frequency 11715 ~ 120xx. I used blind scan to scan channels and only got channels from above 12100 on my pansat2500. Is this my lnb or bin problem? Are those channel really exist? I don't see those channels listed in http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1186
(Circular polarity) LNB will get yo both vertical and horizontal frequencies above 12.1GHz it is the boundries of your DSS LNB frequency response

FSS LNBs (Linear Polarity) will get you both vertical and horizontal frequencies above 11.7 GHz but less than 12.1 GHz

Although 118.75/AMC16 is transmitting circular frequencies but there is no Circular LNB in North America can receive it. So you'll have to use a linear LNB that has those frequencies

There is a way however that allows you to get both 119/118.75 with one LNB that will be get you all four polarities. This will be THE QUAD polarity INVACOM. You are really have to know what yo are doing, it is not for a newbie.

To get AMC-16 118.75 FSS channels at least a 28" dish is required. The beam is larger than conventional DSS frequencies.

P.S.
A convertion factor 11700 MHz= 11.7 GHz
Feel free to ask any question yo want
King

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 952

Hey Chen
A) On EchoStar 7 @ 119.oW, the Frequencies that you have listed are not there. You will find them at Anik F3 @ 118.8W.

B) You can forget about AMC 16, this Bird was moved to 113.oW, as of now there is nothing on it.

Username: Evanychen

Sunnyvale, CA USA

Post Number: 2
thanks for very much for the feedback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us