What am i doing wrong

Bronze Member
Username: Blackcove

Post Number: 31
i recently install bev using 2500A ,but the problem is i have 70% high def. stations with no picture but sound and on the locals non high def. stations i have sound and picture

Bronze Member
Username: Nyc_alien

Staten island, Ny Us

Post Number: 43
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that 2500A doesn't support High Def. That might be the problem. Again i might be wrong. Lets see what other guys have to say.

Bronze Member
Username: Blackcove

Post Number: 33
ok i think your right but is it possible at all to get bev now without a high def rec.?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2581
HD TV is avaialble on FTA only at a very high cost.
C00LSAT 8000 gives some and Sonicview and Viewsat have some new annoncements at a overall cost of over $700.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9307
of course u can get Bev or DN...in fact there are only about 30 HD Bev channels available which u can ONLY get in HD with a HD TV and HD receiver, which a pansat 2500 is not a HD receiver...but u can still get all the channels!

Username: Randy332

Sandstone, West Virginia USA

Post Number: 1
I am new to this. I have sighted in several dishes with single lnb with no problem. I have a signal meter. I have a viewsat 2000 but I cannot get it sighted in with the dual lnbs. I have two short cables coming from the lnbs where they hook into the disque switch. Is this correct? Which satellite should I try first, 110 or 119? When I go in and look at the meter on the tv screen I have had 80 on the first bar and the second bar just jumps up and down from zero to sometimes 90. What am I doing wrong? My zip is 25951 and from what I have found the azimuth is 222 and the elevation 36. On the install screen on the viewsat is there particular settings I should have it on? Are these the same satellites Directv points at? Any help greatly appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: Ftanl

Post Number: 31
I'm no expert Randy, but I think you need to configure your antenna settings for the sats your locked onto.

From another thread. Hope this helps.

The following is the working antenna configuration you need to enter for Dish Pro LNB's. If you have Dish Pro LNB"s and follow this example you'll be working in no time.

Echostar 6,8 110.0W

LNB Power: On
LNB Type: OCS-DP (this might need changing)
LNB Freq.: 11250
22khz: Off
TP Freq.: 12224
Search Option: All
DiSEqC 1.0: Port 2
Motor: Off
Legacy SW: None

Echostar 7 119W

LNB Type: OCS-DP
TP Freq.: 12239
DiSEqC 1.0: Port 1

Once you enter these values in the antenna setup menu then press F1 to scan that satellite. Do NOT do a blind scan.

If you have other satellites in your setup these settings should be entered. Again, these are Dish Pro LNB settings.

AMC-15 105W

LNB Freq.: 10750
TP Freq.: 11720
DiSEqC 1.0: Port 3 (may vary depending on your setup)

Echostar 3 61.5 W

DiSEqC 1.0: Port 4 (may vary depending on your setup)

Echostar 1,2 148 W

Echostar 9 121 W

LNB Freq.: 10750
TP Freq.: 11720

Nimiq 1,3 91.0W

DiSEqC 1.0: Port 4 (May vary depending on your setup)

Post Number: 2
Ftanl, thanks alot for the info it really helped! Now I am getting a message that says Autoroll Processing. I left it on for quite some time but never did get a picture. Some of the channels will say No Audio Or Video then it will go to AutoRoll processing. Any advice for this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9405
shut off autproll feature using the remote and screen menu's...and manually input keys..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9406
shut off autoroll feature using the remote and screen menu's...and manually input keys..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2619
C/P
"WTF...wow, is this NOT true!...some very WRONG statements here..but typical of LK.. "
Rabdy Ward: What you need to do is do a factory reset, load the factory BIN, then load the latest BIN dated 2nd May, 2007, and rescan.
The autoroll on you Viewsat should work without having ot do a manual key entry.

Post Number: 3
As I stated earlier I am completely ignorant to this. How do I do the reset? How do I load the factory BIN? Last how do I load the latest BIN?

Bronze Member
Username: Billybeerboy

Carthage, Il United states

Post Number: 61
Call Dish network.They will be more than happy to complete the installation for you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2633
The Official site for Viewsats is
http://www.totalfta.com
Other sites such as:
http://www.dssrookie.com
http://www.future-fta.info

can also be very informatiove. You will need to join at least one, read for about 3-4 hours and you will know what direction to take.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9437
another copy/paste by me...she is so useless!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2642
C/P
"WTF...wow, is this NOT true!...some very WRONG statements here..but
typical of LK.. "

Post Number: 4
Nalin, Thank you for the info. I am having a horrible time trying to get this thing to work. I think I got the factory bin figured out but where do I get the May 2 bin? Do I download it to a thumb drive than onto the Viewsat?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2650
RW: If you have Viewsat Ultra (or Sonicview 4000), you should always use the USB drive for updates. There are a couple of other receivers that have USB drive input. All you do is, using your internet connection, download the file(s) onto your hard drive (and transfer to the USB drive) or directly to the USB drive. On the USB drive unzip the file(s). Then take the USB drive to the receiver and using the remote, install the file into your receiver. Your manual will give you more details.
If you do not have that facility, you should upload the required BIN, channel list, etc using a software for uploading and the file you want to upload. You will need to bring your computer close enough to the receiver for connecting with a cable. At the sites I recommended, are all the instructions and the files. For Viewsats you need a Null modem cable. Again all this information is there at the sites suggested to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us