Viewsat Problems

Bronze Member
Username: Lbinny1

Post Number: 27
i was just wondering if anyone else has been having problems with their viewsat since the latest bin. ever since i installed the latest bin, echostar 7 comes in for a few minutes and then loses signal, says autoroll processing and never does. i have to shut the box off and turn it back on. the receiver guide is also frozen now for some reason. any suggestions? thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1084
either turn off auto roll
or load correct bin that matches type of VS
for example VS ulta, VS platinum or VS xtreme
depending on what u got
070411 is the latest

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
i have 070411p since i have a platinum. i turned auto roll off and that didnt help. as far as i know its only echostar 7 thats having problems. are my settings wrong? its currently set to:
lnb power: on
lnb type: ocs-dp
lnb freq: 11250
22khz: off
tp freq: 12223
search: all
diseqc: port 2
motor: off
legacy sw: none

in case it matters

echostar 8 settings:
on, ocs-dp, 11250, off, 12225, all, port 1, off, none

nimiq1 settings:
on, standard, 11250, off, 12225, all, port 3, off, none

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1085
It looks like u got some kind of conflict
it will require troubleshooting

I think u did blind scan
there are some empty tps causing freezing
you better go to totalfta they may assist u better

this could be a trap setup by DN
you can get around it by not doing blind scan
just f1 instead of f2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
hrmm... im just checking because of previous issues i had (double channels and missing channels, etc) doing an f1 (sat scan? i forget what each stands for) is ok? it wont cause double channels or anything?

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1086
f1 is chan scan sat
f2 is only blind scan

f2 can cause doubles

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9060
King...a "trap" or setup" by DN...LMAO...U are too paranoid dude ..

BTW...we don't know if her settings are correct...Dish pro, and some say standard...119 on #2, NOT...whole lots of possible wrong settings there..

she needs to READ, know and post her LNB type, and learn how to input correct settings based on her LNB types...then do a default setting , factory bin 2x, then recan and load up the latest bin released todayt 21 april..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
read what? and i did state my lnb type - ocs-dp, i know how to put correct settings. it was working fine until the bin on the 11th? is there a link to this latest bin? because maybe that will solve my problems.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1090
I say some kind of trap
It is an open forum I get to express my own opinions

I'm sorry Lori
Do what i tell you come back with questions

Bronze Member
Username: Gophone

Post Number: 14
My viewsat ultra vs2000 is not saving the channels after scanning. It finds the channels and I save them.

I am using PFTAUSW-070421U.PGM.

Please offer some suggestions.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2464
Lori: This might help. Similar problems are a constant irritant in Pandat 2500 and 2700. After finishing work turn autotp off

VS Platinum/Lite 04-07-21 Bug Fix

DBPSW-070421P
------------------------------------
* Versions
- Release Date : 2007.04.21
- Main software : DBPSW-070421P
- Bootloader : 0.0B

* Change
( Main software upgrade )
- Boot Changed
- Fixed bug of AutoTP (Flickering Channel information in autoTP channel)

Note: It is best to load Factory File V0271 first them apply this fix.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DBPSW-070421P.zip (874.6 KB)

Please note that Viewsat advice is to load Factory file first.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2465
spice isle: Consider reinstalling the latest BIN
Please note that Viewsat advice is to load Factory file first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I did a factory reset and now my viewsat is saving the channels.

One more problem. I am not getting any signal on TP 12239 and TP 12414. These are the TP the cricket is on.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2469
The cricket TPs can often be a pain in the neck. The cure is to do a separate TP scan of the missing culprits. You will catch them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I can the TPs but no signal on those TP 12239 and 12414.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9129
spice...don't listen to nalin, she's messed up ...and not listening and doesn't know anything about FTA, and especially Viewsats..all she does is copy/paste my posts here..

"I am using PFTAUSW-070421U.PGM."

1..U are using the latest bin 21 april as U stated above

2...that bin FIXED the auto TP problem..as it states with the file, along with the suggestion to upload the factory bin first

READ the instuctions again and do as it says...U can do this by yourself..U are capable..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks for the feedback.

I loaded a fact bin and then the lastest bin and seems to working better. Still no cricket channels.

Now I am doing a blind scan to find all the channels. What freq step do you recommned when doing blind scan 5 or 6?

Any link to a good channel list for VS ultra?

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2470
LK: You advice did not help. Do you have any GOOD suggestions, or do you still think that putting down others is the only real advice?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9131
azzhole nakin...READING the instructions and readme file posted with a file is NOT good advice?...U are a stupid camel muncher!

spice... www.totalfta.com has many channel lists for various satellites and parts of the country..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2471
Stupid LK: The man had already read the instruction. Why do you have to presume that nobody reads. You still have not given him advice as to how to get the cricket channels. And that remains the current situation.
SO, DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE THAT WILL SOLVE HIS PROBLEM?
Why don't you just admit that you do not know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9132
nakin...THERE IS ONLY 2 WAYS TO GET "SPECIFIC" CHANNELS THAT YOU ARE MISSING...TWEAK THE DISH ALIGNMENT AND SCANS!...ANY FTA NEWBIE KNOWS THAT!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2472
LK: That is where your LACK of expereince and TESTING shows up.
On Pansats and clones, I have had to get SET and Cricket channels separately 5-6 different occasions after a blind scan and have had to successfully advice people to do that.
I have had to do the same on a Sonicview 4000, i.e. do a separate TP scan in spite of a Blind scan.

So I suggest you go and learn yourself and keep out of thread where I have advised. You are DELIBERATELY out to try and discredit me, and past posts with others over the last 2 years will show that every time you feel threatened that your self declared superiority will diminish, you come out with this tactic. The only thing that needs proper alignment is your head, which frequently goes totally out of whack.

The answer to this gentleman's question is that LK does not have an answer, and that a specific TP scan may show up the missing channels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I was able to get the channels.

I found out that when my LNB is set to standard I can get the channels. When it is set to OCS-DP I don't get any signal on the TP.

Thanks All.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2474
spice isle: Thanks for your feed back. I am glad you did not have to change Dish alignment or disrupt your physical setup in any way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9135
another WRONG reply from nalin who recommended changing bins!...then copied me and suggested a SCAN....LMAO...she gets worse every day!

nalin by her own admission here, has never seen a Viewsat and has NEVER tested any receiver and owns an OLD CHEAP PANTEC, that any 5 yr old can program....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2479
LK: Shut up. Half the time you want people to go up to their roofs to realign or to change LNBs. The above example is a clear indication that most problems are solve without touching the physical set up.
The other half of the time you want for people to go and read. There is tons of stuff to read. You do not have the answer so ask them to read. If you want to help you should read and have the answer. OTHERWISE SHUT UP

Gold Member

Post Number: 9140
blow me nada..nada ounce of intelligence in you!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2482
LK: I said "SHUP UP". And shut up, you will.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9144
Nada chance!...LMAO...go back to your camel munching..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2485
LK: The only camel munching that I know of is what YOU did in Afghnistan when the Taliban had YOU on the run.
You were dead wrong on your advice to this guy because you did NOT know that all he had to do was to make a software change to standard LNB.
Go and do some reading when you have finished with your camel munching.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 468
nakin...THERE IS ONLY 2 WAYS TO GET "SPECIFIC" CHANNELS THAT YOU ARE MISSING...TWEAK THE DISH ALIGNMENT AND SCANS!...ANY FTA NEWBIE KNOWS THAT!

this is what you sais LK. YOU ARE WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG .
IF U ARE MISSING ON LY 1 OR 2 CHANNELS THAT WILL BE A SIGN OF TP OR FREQUENCY CHANGE.
MAKE SURE THE CHANNEL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IT'S TP FREQUENCY AND THE SYMBOL RATE MUST BE THE CORRECT ONE . IF U DONT HAVE THEM ADD THEM AND SCAN THEM AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR CHANNEL BACK . PERIODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9147
cartier...U azzhole ...even U just said!

"SCAN THEM AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR CHANNEL BACK "

IF U could read thats exactly what I said..U must tweak and SCAN!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2490
LK: YOU are the ignorant person. YOU wanted the person to to the roof to realign - stupid LK.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9152
Nada chance u will ever comprehend English or know anything about FTA...still to camel blowing!...and walking the streets!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9153
Nada chance u will ever comprehend English or know anything about FTA...stick to camel blowing!...and walking the streets!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2497
Everybody inthis forum knows how much English you can comprehend and how much I can.

Bronze Member
Username: Ftanl

Post Number: 14
I also have a problem with a viewsat ultra. Everything on it is updated & was working fine. I moved it from my house to the cottage & upon returning home hooked it up again & a lot of channels were missing. I hooked up different Viewsat & Captive works and everything worked perfect.

I've checked & double checked every configuration over & over with no apparent difference between the 2 viewsats with exception to one having no signal on about 20 TP FREQ. example:

12253 .....20000.....V....5/6 No Signal
12224....20000......V.....5/6 No Signal
12311....20000.....V......7/8 No Signal
12574...20000......V.....7/8 No Signal

These are mostly XXX channels & PPV movies.
I wouldn't bother you with this, but I'm totally lost.
I've tried every trick in the book..with no luck.

I have a strong S&Q on every other channel, but those transponders or FREQ are simply out to lunch on this unit. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A+
Jason
I have my receiver hooked directly to the dish.
PS. When I do an antenna configuration I use:
nimiq1,3
LNB Universal/Standard

I click save & when I go back the 12239 is changed to 12224 where I have no signal.

Bronze Member
Username: Satscannerr

Post Number: 44
i had the same problem but . there is a guy who fix it for me. he did not say how . but he used to go out with me . to be honest im g*ay . so he did me favor i give him my A*ss. but i dont know how .
so FTANL . are you living in canada , i wish to invite you for drink .

Gold Member

Post Number: 2645
LK and Satscanner: You have deliberately attempted to spoil this thread. Fortunately this time round the guy has had help from a sensible helper, so you can quit your nonsense and go and try to ruin other threads.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9457
nalin loser...go back to your hole!...the keys thread..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2652
C/P
"The last post is by a LK, a well known psychomaniac and does not add to the information contained in this thread."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us